🐈 Community
taylor2000

How do I chat with support

This is the worst laid out website I have ever tried to navigate.  I used to post on elance and it was a breeeze compared to this site.  All I want to do is contact a graphic artist that I found and ask her to do a job. 

This site is so bad...I've been going around in cirlces for thirty minutes.

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Taylor,

It looks like you registered as a freelancer instead of a client. You can still use this account to post jobs and hire freelancers though. Just click on your name in the upper right corner and go to Settings. On the next page scroll down and you'll see a link to "Create a Company" click on it and select "Create a Client Company." Once you do that, you will be able to switch between your freelancer and client accounts and post jobs using the latter one. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
nifaladam

Hello Taylor, 

If you registered as a freelancer you will have to follow instructions in the link - FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION

You can also see the instructions below - 

If you're a freelancer or agency manager now, but would like to hire others as a client:

1. Click the Accounts menu and choose Settings.
  2. Click the Create a company link at the bottom of the settings list on the left.
  3. Choose Create a client company.
  4. Once set up, use the Accounts menu to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency.

And if you want to talk to support you can either post in the community, or in facebook/twitter or make a support request here - https://support.upwork.com/ 

PS: They also had a live chat feature earlier but I cannot find it anymore. I am not sure why , 

Adam

Learning Paths