🐈
» Forums » Clients » How do I contact customer support?
Page options
unicolor
Community Member

How do I contact customer support?

I have spent an hour looking for some kind of a customer support email or chat.

I have a dispute with a Freelancer who never completed the job and doesn't want to give a refund or doesn't even answer my messages and I cant do anything about it.

I prefer not contacting my credit card company for that. Please open a support ticket because Im not able to here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

I have also followed ALL of your guides / tutorials and they just dont work.

Best,

Aviv

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I have spent an hour looking for some kind of a customer support email or chat."

You have finally come to the right place.

Nearly all questions can be answered quickly and easily right here in the Community Forum.

And this Forum is one of the easiest ways to get Customer Support if needed.

Email?
I can assure you that it is not Upwork's intention that you use email to communicate with Customer Support.

Chat?
Chat IS available (or not) depending on who you are and depending on available resources. If you are a client, live chat IS often available and can be very useful. But you have to know how to get to it.

re: "I prefer not contacting my credit card company for that."

I advise you to NOT contact your credit card in order to issue a chargeback. The most effective place to handle any Upwork issue is right here on Upwork. Also: If you issue a chargeback, Upwork will no longer help with you this matter. AND your account would be terminated. Issuing a chargeback is a violation of Upwork ToS.

re: "I have a dispute with a Freelancer who never completed the job and doesn't want to give a refund or doesn't even answer my messages and I cant do anything about it."

In most cases, you definitely do NOT need to contact Upwork Customer Support in order to resolve a matter like this.

We can answer questions about disputes right here in the Forum, and you have extensive options and controls in your client-side interface.

So that we can answer your questions and help you more effectively, pleas answer these questions:

- Was this a fixed-price or hourly contract?

- How much money are you disputing?

- When was the work done? (Such as "during the past week" or "over a month ago" or "over the course of the past 3 weeks", etc.)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aviv,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths