cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a Client Account

Vincent C Member Since: Aug 5, 2016
1 of 13

How can I create a Client Account? I am not looking for a job in upwork.

I am trying to give work to article writers in Upwork. How can I do that?

Right now, my account is a Freelancer account. I don't have the option to post job in Upwork.

Please advise.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 13

Hi Vincent,

You can create a Client profile on the same account. Please click on your photo in the upper-right corner > go to Settings > scroll down and click on the "+ Create a company" link on the left side of the page > choose "Create a Client Company". After you complete all the steps, you'll be able to switch between your Freelancer and Client profiles in the account view menu (the one that appears in the upper-right corner after clicking on your photo).

Once your client profile is set up, please follow advice and instructions shared in this Help article and post your first Upwork job. Also, follow this link and visit our Hiring Headquarters to find all the information and best practice advice designed to help guide you through the hiring process on Upwork.

If you need any assistance, feel free to post your questions in the Clients forum.

Ace Contributor
Hossam A Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
3 of 13

Hello Vladimir,

I have a freelancer account and I'm willing to open a client account using the method you stated. If I do so, can I use my Upwork balance to pay my freelancers? Or will I need to link my Paypal account?

Will very much appreciate your answer.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 13

re: "If I do so, can I use my Upwork balance to pay my freelancers?"

No. Upwork does not allow this.

re: "Or will I need to link my Paypal account?"

You do not need to link your PayPal account.

PayPal is one of two options.

You may use PayPal or you may use a credit card. (Not a debit card. Not a prepaid card.)

Ace Contributor
Hossam A Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
5 of 13

I see.

Thank you for your reply, Preston.

Lori W Member Since: Apr 11, 2019
6 of 13

I do not have anything to click on at top right hand corner? So, I do not understand how to create my company profile? please help. thanks

Capture.PNG

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 13

Hi Lori,

Looks like you started with creating the Freelancer account. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your Client account creating.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Miguel Angel R Member Since: Apr 15, 2019
8 of 13

Hi Bojan I need help in same issue please

Miguel Rodriguez

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 13

Hi Miguel Angel,

To create a Client account on your existing account, please go to your account settings and select My Teams tab on the left. Once you do, please select Create New Account button and you should be able to add a client account to your existing account. You'll then be able to easily switch between the two accounts under the same login and hire freelancers. Check out this help article for more information.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Nick A Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
10 of 13

Why am I unable to log into my client account? Everytime I login It has me create a profile for freelancer. What is going on?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS