cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete my messages?

Highlighted
David A Member Since: Feb 24, 2017
1 of 24

I'm sure ths is a silly question but I can't figure it out.  How do I simply delete messages in both the web version and the desktop verson of the messaging system.  I don't see a delte key icon anywhere and I'd like to clean up my inbox form old messages no longer needed.   Help much appriciated and screen shots too.  Thank you.

David

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 24

You can't delete them, but you can click to the right on the three dots in a circle and choose "hide".

Gail D Member Since: Jul 24, 2018
3 of 24

I have one message without the 3 dots.  Now what?

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
4 of 24

Hello Gail, 

Please select the message and you should be able to see the button by hovering your mouse in the message. 

Thank you.

Untitled
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 24

Hi David,

You can hide conversations on the left side of your messages by hovering your mouse under the time stamp and clicking on the (...) button that appears:

Screenshot_4.png

You can also delete individual messages by clicking on the cogwheel icon that appears next to the time stamp opposite of that message:

Screenshot_5.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 24

Ohhh ... didn't know about that cogwheel thing. Thanks!

Aparna G Member Since: Jun 20, 2019
7 of 24

thank you so much for the detail explaination, it was really helpful.

David A Member Since: Feb 24, 2017
8 of 24
The cogwheel did not work. It shows something completely different but nothing about deleting messages also how do you do it in the Android app? When was this messaging system written? like 1993? LOL it's not very intuitive.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 24

David,

Please, note that using the cogwheel you can only delete your own messages. You can't delete messages of other people on the room.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Jason S Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
10 of 24

Valeria, please help....

I have received a number of emails from people "Inviting me" and some of these are very old.  They are cluttering my inbox.  When I click the Circle with (...) next to the client name, a "Hide" option does not appear.  How do I get all these messages removed from my inbox so I can see the ones I need to respond to?

Thanks for your help.

Jason

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS