cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I delete my messages?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 24

Hi Jason, 

You should be able to see the button by hovering your pointer somewhere under the time. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 11.11.36 AM.png

-Avery
Untitled
David A Member Since: Feb 24, 2017
12 of 24

It's totally an oudated system.  I hope they update it soon.

Marie Cardel Y Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
13 of 24

Hi Valeria!

I guess, you can no longer delete a message once the recepient has read it? Been trying to delete a message I missent to a different client, but can no longer do it. Is there another way? Thanks!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 24

Hi Marie,

You will be able to delete/edit messages only 1 hour after you have sent the message. After one hour has passed this options wont be available to you, thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Andrea A Member Since: Oct 8, 2017
15 of 24

I hid some of my messages, but one does not even have the option to hide it! It really shouldn't be this hard to hide / delete messages from an inbox...

Linda C Member Since: Feb 27, 2018
16 of 24

I'm having the same problem as the others. One of my messages doesn't have the time stamp of the three dots, no matter how long or where I hover the mouse. Can Upwork please upgrad this so we can delete unwanted messages? Thank you.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
17 of 24

Hi Linda,

You will be able to delete/edit messages only 1 hour after you have sent the message. If this option is not available to you in the first hour let us know here or contact our customer support directly, thank you!

Untitled
Linda C Member Since: Feb 27, 2018
18 of 24

Goran, thank you for your reply. I realized I'm talking about deleting an entire interview. I'll look in the forum to see if this has been asked.

Salah D Member Since: Oct 30, 2019
19 of 24

Why in the hell I can't delete other people's messages permanently from my screen, it's CRAZY!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 24

Hi Salah, 

Are you trying to delete your messages from a certain room in your Message page? Or are you trying to block users from messaging you?

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS