🐈
» Forums » Clients » How do I extend the opening of a job posting?
Page options
pythiainsights
Community Member

How do I extend the opening of a job posting?

I have posted two jobs and need to leave them open longer for more suitable talent. But Upwork says it will delete them in 5 days. Help!

15 REPLIES 15
mthornton-cpc
Community Member

Nolan, it should be as easy as editing the job posting details. If you go into Job Postings, Open Job Postings, and edit from there. Unless something within the updated interface disallows date editing you should be able to extend the date. Hopefully this helps. 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nolan,

In order to extend the job postings to allow additional candidates to submit proposals, you can simply edit the job posts and extend keep them open for an additional 30 days. To edit your jobs go to Jobs > Open Jobs > choose the job you want to extend and click Edit Posting in the Actions menu.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi there

Can you tell me exactly how I extend the time a job is open for?  I get that I need to go in and edit the job, but I can't see anything about the job expiry or extending the open time (I got an email from Upwrok saying my job is anout to expire but I need it left open for a few more weeks).

Any help would be much appreciated.  A screen shot would be great as I have looked at the edit screen about 5 times so far and just can't find it. 🙂

Spoiler

Joe

Hi Joe,

You can just log into your Upwork account and update your candidates (archive proposals, invite freelancers to apply, accept proposals, etc) or edit your job posting and it's expiration date will be extended.

To edit a job, go to your Jobs page, click "Actions" next to the job and select "Edit."

~ Valeria
Upwork

Not working!

4b462a39
Community Member

I am having the same issue.  There is no option to simple extend the listing expiration.

Hi Jeffrey,

Your post will not expire if it's active and you take actions on it such as interviewing, inviting or accepting proposals from freelancers or edit the post.

~ Valeria
Upwork
superstaci
Community Member

Yeah, this does not work. I too got an email from Upwork saying hiring would close in a few days, but I need more time. I can edit pretty much everything about the job BUT the deadline it seems. I can't even see where the deadline is listed anywhere on the posting.

Hi Staci,

If you edit anything in your job posting or update your candidates, it'll extend an expiration date automatically.

~ Valeria
Upwork

After reading this thread the final solution was to make an edit in the post to reset the hiring expiration.  Well I did that and nowhere do you see a new updated job post date or an extension noting an updated expiration date.  The irony is Upwork should just fix this issue by adding an option to extend the expiration date.    

Same...I get an email from Upwork saying my job posting is about to expire but (a) the link in the email is NOT working and (b) nowhere to extend the posting!!! Why can Upwork not add a simple extension link; extend 7, 15 or 30 days...

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will definitely look into that and let our systems team know about it. For now, any update or reposting your job post would extend the availability of your posting. 

Untitled

I still do not see how to extend the date a year later...

Where can I see the expiration date of a job posting and what exactly do I have to do to extend it? Possible to send screenshots?

Hi Rebecca,

Job Posts expire after 30 days of inactivity. To prevent this, you can make a small edit in your post or show any kind of activity. We'll let you know when your Job Post is close to expiring with a notification!

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths