🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How do I get my money back from 'Remainin...
Page options
47a2e173
Community Member

How do I get my money back from 'Remaining' budget?

The freelancer and I agreed to cancel the contract, as a result we agreed no payment.

Money is not in escrow but it's under 'Remaining' - how do I get the money back into my account?

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marco,

The Remaining field you see on the Contract page for fixed-price jobs shows the difference between the amount that was set as a budget in the offer and the amount that's been paid. You currently don't have any funds in Escrow for that contract. 

I checked the refund status for you, and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
689c8100
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have this same question. My freelancer canceled the contract, as he could not complete the work. So, how do I get a refund of the money in the "Remaining" section? Where do I view my transactions?

Hi Abi,

You can check your transaction history by going to Reports > Transactions. I can see you received a Refund today and there are no funds in Escrow for your contract. Please know Refunds can take up to five business days to be credited.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
1e5bbb4f
Community Member

Hi, I ended a contract with my VA (he just finished job, no problems) I forgot to approve his payment, so I made another contract where I paid him. but my problem is that now I still have 75$ remaining on the original contract which is ended, so how can I get the money back? Should I request the refound?

Thanks
Marie Jandlova

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marie,

You can follow our instructions in this Guide on how to submit a refund request for the Funds in Escrow. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up here at any time! Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths