cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know how much I've paid to each freelancer?

Highlighted
Laura B Member Since: Jun 9, 2016
1 of 18

I want to know how much I have paid to each freelancer I have worked to.

Beacuse of the new fees, I need to know if they apply to the 20, 10 or 5% fee.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 18

@Laura B wrote:

I want to know how much I have paid to each freelancer I have worked to.

Beacuse of the new fees, I need to know if they apply to the 20, 10 or 5% fee.

The freelancer pays the fee. What THEIR costs to do business are is, with all due respect, none of the client's business.

Highlighted
3 of 18

I know is their cost, but I ALWAYS include this percentage in the payment so they can earn more money.

I've been working with several freelancers constantly, and if I do not pay this percentage they would receive a fewer amount and I don't want that for them.

So if I offer $100 gross, I always pay $110 (ie, 10% until now)

That's why I want to know.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
BEST ANSWER
4 of 18

Check your report - Time by Freelancer – Hours and billing per freelancer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
5 of 18

Thank you very much! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 18

Laura,

I'm sure you're aware of this, but in case you aren't ... you can also leave a bonus over and above whatever your freelancer earns.

Highlighted
7 of 18

I also add bonuses sometimes, but from now on as a client I'll also have to pay a percentage for both, regular payments and bonuses...

Whatever the way, I always bear the costs of the fee they have to pay.

Thank you anyway Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Dora P Member Since: Apr 7, 2014
8 of 18

The solution only shows weekly earnings, not lifetime, as far as I can see. My company also pays the Upwork fee so freelancers earn the actual quoted amount and we would like to know what level some of our long time writers are on. I contacted chat at Upwork and the person there told me to come here and post because she asked her supervisor and they did not know how to do this...said there was not currently a way. Really?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 18

As far as I know, there's not currently a way. Your freelancers can see it in their own reports, so you could ask them. I keep my own costs spreadsheet - I download my weekly invoices from Upwork and insert them into my own sheet. Then I have formulas set up to extract the date in a nice format, the hours, and the freelancer rates. I can then use that info to set up pivot tables to break down my cost per month, the total I've paid each freelancer, the number of hours each freelancer has billed, each freelancer's rate (and rate changes), and each freelancer's last and first invoice date. I found the Upwork reporting was not flexible enough so I had to construct my own to give me the information I wanted.

Highlighted
10 of 18

Actually I found a way to do it. Please see the image at the bottom for the step-by-step.

1) Go to "Reports"

2) Click on "Transactions"

3) Choose the dates you need to know (you have to go month by month, but it works)

4) Pick a freelancer

5) Click "Go"

Now you'll be able to see all the transactions per the chosen freelancer at the bottom of the page.

Optional step:

6) You can download the summary as PDF or CSV file.

Hope this can help!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS