cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know the freelance is really doing the job?

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
11 of 13

Isabelle Anne:

I'm a client. I actually used Preston's technique last time I needed to find a new freelancer for a new language I needed supporting. I hired 4 or so freelancers to translate exactly the same file. I paid them all exactly the same (regardless of their bid). I explained that I was looking for a long-term arrangement and that I would be hiring multiple freelancers to find the best fit.

I was paying $50 to do a trial of about 600 words of translation. But I guess that freelancers could see from my history that I have mostly long-term arrangements of several thousand dollars, so the promise of long-term arrangements was legit. 

The problem I ended up with was that all of them were good. Clearly, my skills at picking good freelancers are solid. The hardest bit was choosing the freelancer I actually wanted to work with! But in the end I paid $200 to find the best fit for a contract that's already around $5,000 and counting. It was worth it for that specific situation. If I had a $300 budget for a one-off job, it would be a different story.

(I know this is slightly off-topic, but I wanted to answer the question, sorry mods!)

ahammed_farid
Community Guru
Farid Ahammed B Member Since: May 30, 2016
12 of 13

I think two freelancers is ok, but 4 it's bit much

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
13 of 13

@Farid Ahammed B wrote:

I think two freelancers is ok, but 4 it's bit much

Okay I'll bite. Why?