🐈
» Forums » Clients » How do I open a new ticket for a refund 4 fre...
Page options
61c3fb96
Community Member

How do I open a new ticket for a refund 4 freelancer who failed my deadline and wont provide refund

Freelancer missed my deadline we agreed and now wont provide refund help

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member
AndreaG

Hi Jesus,

I can see you have a couple of Fixed-Price contracts that are currently active. You can find information on how to request an Escrow Refund here. If you're referring to a different contract please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

re: "Freelancer missed my deadline we agreed and now wont provide refund help"

You don't REALLY need help from Upwork Customer Support.

The freelancer already told you that he doesn't want to give you a refund, right? You could accept that.

The simplest and easiest thing you could do woudl be to release any escrow money and close the contract. There's nothing wrong with doing that. You don't need to spand any more time on this.

If you want to try to get money back, then what you need to do is this:

Close the contract.

While doing so, you will be presented with a text field you can EDIT that indicates how much escrow money you will release to the freelancer. If you edit the amount to any value less than how much is in escrow (including zero), then this will AUTOMATICALLY send a request to the freelancer. This asks the freelancer to APPROVE or REJECT your refund request.

Basically: You're asking for money back. The freelancer can say yes, or no.

If the freelancer says "no", then a "dispute" is created.

That means that an Upwork mediator will try to get you and the freelancer to come to an agreement. The Upwork mediator can't make a decision for the two of you.

If you can't come to an agreement, then the next step would be arbitration. That will cost you $291. The freelancer and Upwork itself would also need to pay $291. That fee is NOT refundable no matter who "wins" in arbitration.

But if you go to arbitration, MAYBE the arbitrator will decide in your favor. Maye you can get some money back.

It would be better to NOT go to arbitration. It would be better to come to some sort of an agreement with the freelancer.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths