🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How do I report a freelancer?
Page options
af26058c
Community Member

How do I report a freelancer?

I want to report a freelancer cheating in his work and did not complete it

17 REPLIES 17
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need to report a freelancer.

You have the right to fire a freelancer AT ANY TIME, for ANY reason.

You may close the contract and work with other freelancers who are a better fit for your project.

If you want to report what the freelancer did, then YOU MAY DO SO by closing the contract and leaving accurate, factual written feedback about what the freelancer did.

How do I report it?

Thank you

It is easy to do this.

Go to your contracts list.

Select the contract in question. Click on the "three dots" icon next to the contract name.

Select "Close Contract" or "Cancel Contract" from the dropdown menu.

Read: End Your Contract

I found him cheating in his job after closing the contract and completing the deal and told him to correct his work but he didn't want to.
He tells me I do but he didn't, for a week and I wait for him
How do I report it?

Thank you

You may report a freelancer by going to his profile page and clicking on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button.

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 1.52.52 PM.png

It is ALSO possible to create a Customer Support ticket. But that takes more effort on your part.

It may also be possible to click on the name of a Forum moderator and send a private message about the issue.

But either way, you should probably add a post to this thread to describe what it is that you want to report the freelancer for.

Preston H wrote:

It is easy to do this.

Go to your contracts list.

Select the contract in question. Click on the "three dots" icon next to the contract name.

Select "Close Contract" or "Cancel Contract" from the dropdown menu.

Read: End Your Contract

He's saying he discovered the cheating AFTER already closing the contract.

kbadeau
Community Member

How did he/she cheat?

af26058c
Community Member

When upload the application on my account google play, I found many glitches and Crashes, more than 3.5k, and lost 50% of my users, exploited twice my knowledge in applications.

I told him to fix glitches and Crashes but he didn't, he reads my messages in upwork and whatsapp and doesn't answer.

1.png

2.png

Zakariae:

I am sorry if you had a disappointing experience with that Upwork freelancer.

You may create an Upwork customer support ticket to discuss this matter with an Upwork support employee. But to what end? How will doing that help you?

It looks like it would be a waste of your time, and would not accomplish anything.

Based on what you have told us, it sounds like the freelancer you hired had insufficient skill to accomplish the task that you wanted him to with the level of quality your project requires.

There is nothing that Upwork can do about that. Upwork can't force him to continue working on your project with significantly increased skill.

The solution to your problem is to work with other freelancers.

I want to complete his work and only fix his mistakes

re: "I want to complete his work and only fix his mistakes"

I would like that to happen as well. But there are two major problems:

a) I am not sure that he knows how to complete this work or fix all of the problems with your system.

b) The freelancer doesn't work for you. You have no contract with the freelancer, and it would be a violation of Upwork ToS for you to ask him to do any work. Moreover, the freelancer does not work for Upwork. Upwork can not "order" the freelancer to continue working on your behalf.

I want to edit my feedback, I want to tell the truth, he cheated me, It took advantage of the weakness of my assumption and my information of domain.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zakariae,

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer. Our team will reach out to you directly to assist you with this report and advise on further steps.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
af26058c
Community Member

Thank you very much I'm waiting for you

I hope Upwork is able to help you.

Don't rule out the possibility of incompetence or insufficient skill.

ALL of the following may be possible:

a) the feelancer is incompetent

b) the freelancer is a cheater

c) the freelancer is both a cheater AND incompetent

d) something else

Thanks I am waiting for the staff contact me

You really should have checked the work before paying and closing the account. Clients are given 14 days to pay freelancers after work had been submitted. 

I doubt that Upwork will help you. I also very much doubt you will be able to change the feedback you left. Your best bet is probably to leave it, stop wasting Upwork resources, and put this down to experience. If/when you hire again, select your freelancer carefully and check the work thoroughly before paying anything. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths