🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How do I see my profile
Page options
8a6fb1e6
Community Member

How do I see my profile

I would like to see what freelances see on my profile. Things like feedback, reviwes, etc. I cannot find a link anywhere.

36 REPLIES 36
rverang
Community Member

@Joana R wrote:

I would like to see what freelances see on my profile. Things like feedback, reviwes, etc. I cannot find a link anywhere.

Clients don't have a profile page.

To see what you wanted to see, you can go to any previous job you have posted. 

Feedback and reviews would be under the "Client's recent history" section

8a6fb1e6
Community Member

Thank you! Where do I find Clients recent history?

nahidrajbd
Community Member

Clients profile page is limited. Only contacted freelancer can see your previous job posting.

You can have your freelancer page also on same account.

@Nahid H wrote:
Clients profile page is limited. Only contacted freelancer can see your previous job posting.

You can have your freelancer page also on same account.

The client is not asking about their freelancer page. They simply want to see their feedbacka and reviews, related to previous jobs with the freelancers they hired.

They have to look at each job indidually to gain this info.

Renante V post is correct.

It would be great if clients had an easier way to see information like this on one page, but Upwork does not seem to think it's a big deal. Ah well.

I'd like to see this as well.  As someone who spends $10k+/month on upwork I'd like to have a consolidated page of our reviews and spend etc.  This type of information bears on what kind of freelancers will want to work for you etc. and should be available to us clients.

nirosha1969
Community Member

angelaraesmith
Community Member

If you go into "user settings" there is a link that says "my profile."  Everything should be visible there.

I don't see that for client accounts? Does anyone else? I don't see why seeing feedback from people I've hired is so difficult to consolidate. Anyone else know how to get this info?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Greg,

Client's feedback history shows on every project they had with Freelancers. Unfortunately, there is no separate client profile area. You can find more information about this subject reading this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3917102a
Community Member

Thanks, hopefully Upwork will consider adding such a feature. Sort of painful to have to go through each job, as another user pointed out.

Greg B wrote:

Thanks, hopefully Upwork will consider adding such a feature. Sort of painful to have to go through each job, as another user pointed out.

You don't have to go through each job. You only have to go to one previously posted job. You can bookmark one if you like. Viewing any of your past jobs will show you your past reviews, average star rating, hire rate, spend, average hourly rate, etc.

Thanks Jennifer, but I honestly don't think this is possible. First of all, it is non-trivial to see feedback from anyone you hire for a given job. Second, it's not possible (as far as I can tell) to see feedback from multiple people you hire for the same job. Third, I do not see an easy way to see all my past feedback, the same way someone I hire sees my history. If you disagree, please post the exact steps I should take. The earlier step you posted does not work (as far as I can tell). I develop software for a living and it's non-intuitive to me, that's for sure, even if the functionality exists. I pay regular fees to Upwork when I hire folks, and while I do appreciate the platform, all I'm really asking for is for the Upwork folks to acknowledge my feedback and take it into consideration. The product doesn't need to change if the product managers really don't agree or don't want it to. But it's honestly not hard to just say "thank you, we'll consider it for the future" or "thank you, we'll look into making it easier to access". You clearly have people who are asking the same question as me, so I think that the need is fairly obvious. 

0bc3521e
Community Member

I want to add an UpWork URL Link to My Profile, so Freelancers can see that I'm a verified Client.... is this Possible  ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shawn, 

As Renante posted on this same thread, clients don't have a profile page. Freelancers will be able to see that information about your when they visit any of your job post link, under the "Client's recent history" section. 

~ Avery
Upwork
3917102a
Community Member

"Freelancers will be able to see that information about your when they visit any of your job post link, under the "Client's recent history" section."

It seems like several people (including me) would like to lobby for clients to see what freelancers see about them. It's similat to how LinkedIn allows you to see your profile as others see it. I suppose there's some reason that product management has decided this would be a bad thing, because it's kind of an obvious feature, but it is really something that would be helpful, so I'm hoping the product managers will reconsider at some point.

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately at the moment, the only option to view your feedback is the one that Bojan described in his post. 

But, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team for an additional review. If you have any additional questions let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork

This is a glaring oversight and a feature that many clients and freelancers have repeatedly asked for.

Upwork, your company really needs to do a better job of collecting user feedback and incorporating feature requests. As a new client, it makes me question your technical prowness and the safety of my data.

14d57d3f
Community Member

Hi There

Surely upwork should do something about this? seeing the holistic view of what freelancers see will incentive and motivate employers on the platform. 

One would think so. At the very least, acknowledge it here. But the fact that they have not in any meaningful way (thus far), suggests that they are probably not spending much time looking at this community stuff at all (or that they don't have good enough tools to process the feedback). But I'm glad there's more than a few of us who feel this is a major oversight.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Greg, 

I understand how this can be of value to me, but I'm sorry to confirm that this is yet to be made available to clients of the platform. Just the same, I'll make sure to let the team know that this old request is still being requested. 

Thank you for your understanding.

~ Avery
Upwork

I saw it once but cannot find it now for the life of me. I went to "settings" (there is no "user setttings", but I'm assuming that's the same) but I see no "view my profile" or anything of the sort.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jayson, 

It looks like you are posting from a client account. By design, clients don't have a "profile" on Upwork, unlike freelancers. 

Did you have a freelancer account? If so, you should be able to access your profile by going to your Find Work tab and clicking on the Profile link from there. Or by clicking on the "View Profile" link on the Find Work page. 

~ Avery
Upwork
29ef8cb4
Community Member

I swear, Upwork deliberately wants clients to be UNABLE to see the reviews that freelancers leave for them.  This has been an issue for so long, and no other platform hides or buries this information like they do.  About every 6 months I'll try and find the info, and have to find a hopefully recent forum topic on the issue and jump through hoops.  Upwork has always had a terrible unintuitive user interface (and apps for that matter) and one would think they could really step it up or just model other platforms.

Posting this as my act of kindness for the day, for a future me finding this thread in a similar Google search. It's not intuitive, but here's how I eventually found it: 

JOBS > ALL POSTINGS > (select the job recently ended) > (select the contractor hired) > VIEW CONTRACT > TERMS & SETTINGS > (review feedback, theirs & yours)

Thank you for trying to help Upwork out, but this does not address the request on this thread. 

Your instructions allow one to see feedback to you by the most recent freelancer you hired. While this is somewhat useful, when you start to hire 10 or 20 freelancers (including multiple for the same task), it would be nice to see a simple list of all feedback in one place. Otherwise, you will have to follow your instructions 10 or 20 times and you'll have to save the pages for each in order to easily review it. When you look at a list of feedback, you can glean more general trends easier, just like when you read a list of Yelp reviews (they don't just show them to you one at a time).

It seems like an easy feature to add given the number of similar or more advanced features that exist already, but it does seem like Upwork has a reason for not wanting to implement it. Some time back, one of the moderators mentioned they would "pass it along to the team", which is appreciated, but we did not hear back. In fact, I have to say it's almost more frustrating that we don't have Upwork product managers checking out such threads (when moderators/gurus prompt them to) to be responsive. It feels like either they don't care or they don't want to bother to connect, neither of which is a good sign.

I'm not sure what is more remarkable, how asinine this issue is to begin with, or how long it has lingered without a solution.

Here's how I did it:
1. I created this  freelancer profile.
2. I looked up one of the jobs posted from my client account.
3. I clicked on it and indeed there was an "About the client" section.

2021-02-16_00h20_50.png

ibuprofen
Community Member

ibuprofen
Community Member

Sorry, I gave you the wrong link! That's only for your UpWork Community profile. 

ibuprofen
Community Member

Ok, I found it. 

Note that I didn't read the other replies you've received, therefore my comment "might" be a repeat of what others have said. 

- Click on your picture (in the upper right-hand side corner)

- Then click on "Settings"

(you'll be brought to a new page)

- Then on the left-hand side pane, under "User Settings"

- Click on "My Profile"

That's all!

Have a great day!

8c4b09cb
Community Member

Did you find a way to see reviews from freelancers?  I'm also an employer on upwork and do not know how to access/see freelancer feedback on me.  Kindly let me know if you know how.

Hi Grant,

You can check the feedback left by the freelancer by clicking on the contract and checking under Feedback. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a3308790
Community Member

I hired a freelancer today on Upwork.  The job got a bit difficult when the freelancer couldn't reproduce the same problems I was seeing on my computer, prompting him to become understandably frustrated **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This was obviously in reference to another freelancer I hired years ago who retaliated against me after they failed to communicate or deliver on a project and I was forced to hire some else.  And that one bad feedback is going to haunt me forever as a client who is always fair and generous when people do what they promise and put forth a good effort?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The freelancer I hired this morning went on to finish the job and do stellar work.  But that ridiculous exchange and the possibility of needing to hire someone else, all because of this freelancer's skepticism, given my "Client Rating," was entirely unacceptable.

By allowing retaliatory feedback against clients, Upwork disincentivizes fair and honest reporting of low-quality freelancers.  Worse still, Upwork makes it almost impossible for Clients to find the same calculated scores and feedback visible to the freelancers who readily use it to pick and choose which jobs to accept.

Hi Terry,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Feedback left for you is shown to freelancers below your Job Post details. You can see it by navigating to one of your job posts and checking the public view. Feedback represents the user's opinion and because of this, Upwork can't edit these comments or scores.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Unfortunately, all the freelancer websites have a huge issue with feedback
and Upwork is no exception. Here are a few ways I've observed freelancers
manipulating reviews.

On Upwork I gave 2 freelancers less than perfect feedback, out of many
projects. Both instances are in this list:

* Retaliatory feedback; if they think you won't leave them a 5*, they
leave you a 1*; ironically, I left someone a 3.5* (I made it as objective as
I could) and yes, he left me a 1*, even though I was patient, considerate
and polite (I even paid for unfinished, unusable work).
* Removing negative feedback (this also happened on Upwork).
* Fake-hiring each other and giving each other 5* reviews.
* Canceling ordes that don't go well; I didn't see this on Upwork and
I don't know it it can happen here but it can on 5err. Including for
completeness.

Florin - You've changed the subject as this was about how difficult it is to find feedback as an employer, however you aren't wrong. Another thing that has become common lately is that freelancers will tell you they are absolutely qualified for the job you posted, then they get into working on it before accepting the contract. The reason is that they may or may not be qualified, they just want to take a stab at it in the hopes of getting the job, and if it doesnt work out they just disappear without the risk of a bad review.

Also very common is rather than having milestones, they want to close the contract at the end of each step and then they ask for 5 star reviews to pad their ratings.

Of course, some of this bad behavior could be mitigated if Upwork had the will to do so, but my experience is that they have no interest in curbing such behaviors.

Also of note here is that a moderator finally responded on how to see your own feedback as an employer, and it took how long? A couple years? And the answer is terrible, you have to search for your own jobs? Why does this continue to be so difficult?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths