cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I select "Flat Rate" when posting a job?

8fcdbf54
K C Member Since: May 15, 2016
1 of 9

I was never given a choice between flat rate and hourly rate, when I posted a job.

I even went back in and selected "edit" to make sure, but there's nothing to give me the choice.

How do I do this?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

You are ALWAYS given a choice between fixed rate and hourly when creating a job posting!

On the job posting page, after

Name your job posting

Describe the work to be done 5000 characters left

What type of project do you have?
One-time project
Ongoing project
I am not sure
How many freelancers do you need to hire for this job?
I want to hire one freelancer
I need to hire more than one freelancer
Enter skills needed

you get to:

Rate and Availability:

pay fixed.jpg
8fcdbf54
3 of 9

It doesn't show that on my end, nor was I given the choice when I posted the job. Something must be wrong. 

The "?' symbol allows me to hover over it with my mouse and it only states the level of expertise to choose from.

petra_r
Community Guru
4 of 9

what browser are you using?

When you start a new job post, do you not have the "How would you like to pay" bit?

8fcdbf54
5 of 9

Chrome

petra_r
Community Guru
6 of 9

When you start a new job post, do you not have the "How would you like to pay" bit?

you can NOT change an existing one from fixed to hourly or vice versa, as your applicants would then be to two toally different types of jobs.

You would have to cancel the hourly job post and repost as a fixed rate one.

You also can not change an hourly CONTRACT to fixed, only the other way round
8fcdbf54
7 of 9

No, I don't get the "how do you want to pay" option either. My setting are set up to use my PayPal account. It's been a while since I posted a job and I wasn't sure which account it was set up to use through PayPal, but I found out after it was charged.

In my post, I state that I prefer fixed rate. When it's discussed with the freelancer, I then "Make Offer" and it allows me to switch it to a fixed rate, then the freelancer accepts the offer and starts the work.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
8 of 9

Hi K C,

Sorry about the confusion. If you post a new job, you will see an option to make it fixed-price or hourly as seen on Petra's screenshot. However, you will not be able to change a type of an existing job posting as it would confuse your current applicants and interviewees. As you already discovered, if during the interview you and the freelancer decide to go with a different type of a job, you will be able to adjust it in your offer.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8fcdbf54
9 of 9

See attaches screen shot.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS