cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I turn off the "feature my job for $29.99" offer when posting a job?

Chris J Member Since: Dec 25, 2018
1 of 25

The subject says it all ... I can't figure out how to turn off the "feature my job for $29.99" offer when posting a job. I don't see any check mark or anything to toggle this off.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 25

Hi Chris,

Could you please send me a screenshot of the pop-up in a private message and describe at which point  its appearing? I wasn't able to replicate it on your account and would like to take a closer look. 

3 of 25
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Please see requested info in the attached
screenshots.

Regards,
Chris

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]
4 of 25

Hi Chris,

Thanks for following up. Unfortunately I can't access the screenshots you attached, could you please add them again (uploading them by using the "Photos" button in the tool bar above the text field) or alternatively click on my name > select Messages button on the next page and send the screenshots to me in a private message?

5 of 25

Adding Photos as requested ....

image_82.png

image_81.png 

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
6 of 25

I think if you do not click on "Yes I want to feature my Job", You won't be charged for it. But there is possibly no way to switch it off at client's end.

7 of 25

This is very confusing ... why not put a checkmark like this for the option of featuring a job?image_83.png

Also, when I click on Featured Job box nothing happens, but the "Terms of Service" opens if I click that link. The way it is now, I'm not sure if I have selected to opt in for a featured job or not.

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
8 of 25

I agree That ticking option would definitely be less confusing to a lot of people. 

I have not used the feature till date but when I hover over it, I see that it resembles a button and is avilable for clickingupwork featured.PNG

I think the click is needed for purchasing and charging that 29.99$  to your financial account.

I am sure moderators would give a definitive answer to it.

9 of 25

Hi Chris,

As an update, I do see the check-mark is missing from this section and we're looking into this further. Thanks again for sharing your feedback in the Community, we do appreciate it.

10 of 25

Thanks for the screenshot Chris.

I can confirm this is not a pop-up but a integral message included at the bottom of the Review page, in the same way as Coworkers section. To clarify, the Review page includes all the details you added and selected for the job you're about to post and is used as a final step, to review all the details before posting them. The section designated with the star referring to featuring your job is informational and unless you click on the highlighted text and opt to feature your job, it won't affect it (the same is true for the Coworkers section if the fields are left blank) and you can proceed with selecting Post Job Now button and posting the job. Let us know if you need further assistance.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS