cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off the "feature my job for $29.99" offer when posting a job?

Chris J Member Since: Dec 25, 2018
11 of 25

Vivek and Vladimir,

Thanks for your responses. This is still unclear to me because nothing is happening when I click on "Yes, I want to feature my job for $29.99." The only thing that works as a link is "Terms of Service". I've tried on multiple browsers and, as far as I can tell, there is no pop-up being blocked. So, I don't see how to opt in or out of posting as a featured job. This option doesn't appear anywhere else in the job posting process ...

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 25

Hi Chris,

The checkmark is indeed missing, I've replicate the problem and reached out to out Technical team.

To clarify, you are not automatically opt into featuring your job so there's no need to opt out, you can just proceed with posting the job. Due to the fact that the checkmark is missing, you won't be able to opt into featuring your job at the moment and I'll follow up with an update once we receive an update from the team.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
13 of 25

Sorry to hear what happened. I'm just a freelancer so can't explain it, but you should have been able to opt out of the $29.99 fee. I hope a moderator will drop by shortly with an explanation.

14 of 25

Before posting a job it says "Yes, I want to feature my job for $29.99." There is no way to deseltect this, that I can see.

How do I post a job without featuring it. The doesn't seem to be a checkbox or yes/no option. I'm not sure how to proceed without this feature. Surely it is optional?

A K N Member Since: Oct 5, 2017
15 of 25

Update. I thought I would get a chance to confirm/deselect on the next screen. Nope. It just charged me $29.99 -- I've deleted the job and requested a refund. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
16 of 25

Hi A K,

I checked this for you, and you already have an open ticket regarding this issue, I'll follow up with our team, and one of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
A K N Member Since: Oct 5, 2017
17 of 25

My money has been refunded. However, it seems that paying $30 is the only way I am allowed to post a job. Since you've implied this is a bug, I hope it will be fixed.

mushi k Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
18 of 25

I am facing the samme issue. I want to post job without featuring it but it seems that there is not way of escaping this. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
19 of 25

Hi Mushi,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your concern. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Keith S Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
20 of 25

I have the same problem and am holding off posting a job until I can get this turned off.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS