cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off the "feature my job for $29.99" offer when posting a job?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
21 of 25

Hi Keith, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and a member of their team will reach out to you with more information about the issue.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
22 of 25

The whole featured job or promoted response business is a money-maker for UW, and their right to promote it. As a provider, I don't want my response promoted because that's just a bright shiny object. I want to work for clients who aren't distracted by bright shiny objects. As a client, most of my jobs are invitation only. Anybody who responds with a bright shiny object doesn't pass the brains test to work for me, or thinks I'm impressed with fluff. In either case, I reject the response.

Clients with multiple successful jobs understand that if the job is sufficiently interesting, good freelancers will find it whether it's featured or not.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
23 of 25

Bill H wrote:

As a provider, I don't want my response promoted because that's just a bright shiny object. I want to work for clients who aren't distracted by bright shiny objects.

Just as well that there is no such option on Upwork then.

Bill H wrote:

Anybody who responds with a bright shiny object doesn't pass the brains test to work for me, or thinks I'm impressed with fluff. In either case, I reject the response.

Once again, there is no possibility that any freelancer to do that. You have claimed previously that you receive such proposals. It is impossible that you have, because there is no such function.  You are likely mixing up platforms. On Upwork there is no such thing as featuring or promoting a proposal.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
24 of 25

Petra, you are probably correct that I am mixing up platforms. I do almost no online work and mostly hire on a less ... uptight ... board, or offline.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
25 of 25

Actually I believe Bill was thinking about the eLance days as this was a feature.  

The same comment can be applied to the Featured Job (for $25) on Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS