🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How do you expect us to import transactio...
Page options
19908e69
Community Member

How do you expect us to import transactions into our accounting software?

The upwork exporting of transaction details are not formatted in a way that can be easily imported into any accounting software in any level of detail.  The custom transaction export is a mess of payments, escrow requests, fundings and releases.  It requires a substantial amount of manual review just to prepare to import.  We have to use different rules for the descriptons and types based on whether the contract is hourly or fixed price.  Overall the process has frustrated me enough to the point of avoiding using Upwork where possible.  And to be charging membership fees for account tiers without having a good system for this is pretty shocking, honestly.

To upwork staff - try to use a sample export of 200+ transaction rows and sort them in to true expenses and payments.

How do other clients handle importing to their accounting software? Do you all do it manually?

2 REPLIES 2
cupidmedia
Community Member

I don't import into specific accounting software, but I do import into an Excel file. It's a jumbled mess of formulas to reformat and extract information and took me ages to set up. And I periodically have to recalibrate my formulas when Upwork randomly changes the format of the report. It's not ideal, to say the least.

Caveat - I'm a FLer not a buyer dealing with a number of weekly tracking and payment issues - but WHY can't U set the process to be compatible with Quick Books Pro or something similar?

It seems to me this would be a huge plus from the buyer's perspective -

Latest Articles
Learning Paths