🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How do you leave a chat room?
Page options
378b8cf0
Community Member

How do you leave a chat room?

I'm the group admin and added another person to hire the freelancer we're chatting with but he can't put payment through on his end. I added him as the group owner but still doesn't work out.

It doesn't let me edit the people on the chat room anymore either. Please can I please get advice??

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Deb,

I've shared this issue with our team, and a team member will reach out to assist you further. Thanks! 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alokch83
Community Member

Is there fix for that. 
I have this person who just dont stop replying and I want to leave room. 
Can anyone help 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alok,

Have you tried blocking them? You can click on their name and then select to block them in the drop-down menu. Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Aloc,

I was actually in the same fix but managed to leave a chat room.

apparently, there's an icon showing members of a chat, when you click on it, you'll see "three dots" appear at the far right corner of your computer, click on it and scroll down to the last option "leave room".

You'll be prompted to confirm whether you want to leave and you click ok.

Kindly see attched.

I hope this helps 🙂

oomer21
Community Member

I was not able to leave a room until i made another room member the owner. Once i made them the owner i was able to leave.

2774a8d8
Community Member

Hi Omer, how did you change the owner of the chat?

a8ee0270
Community Member

Of course, here's a condensed and shorter version:

Verify Permissions: Ensure that all users have the appropriate permissions for managing payments and chats.

Contact Platform Customer Support: If payment problems continue, seek help from platform customer support.

Payment Options: Confirm the payment option's legality and make sure the platform accepts it.

Check the chat room settings to see if there are any limitations on who may join or leave the room.

Alternative Payment: If the existing form of payment is difficult, think about using an alternative one.

Keep the freelancer informed and communicate clearly at all times.

Backup Plan: Prepare a backup plan in the event that payment difficulties cannot be immediately handled.

Keep in mind that based on your platform or service, certain processes may change.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths