🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How does a freelancer also maintain a cli...
Page options
alexwilsonsblog
Community Member

How does a freelancer also maintain a client account?

I thought I posted this but I can't find it... must have been too much holiday celebrating going on!

I have a legitimate need to maintain both a client and freelancer account. While I am a freelancer looking for certain types of work, from time to time, I need to engage freelancers to help me with other projects I have. 

I want both to be associated with my business email address but that does not appear possible. Any thoughts? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Do NOT try to open a new account (policy violation!!)

Just add a client account to your freelancer account by going to your settings page, scrolling down and clicking on „create client account“ or words to that effect on the left.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Do NOT try to open a new account (policy violation!!)

Just add a client account to your freelancer account by going to your settings page, scrolling down and clicking on „create client account“ or words to that effect on the left.

Perfect... it was hidden under "Create a Company" which threw me off. Thank you!!

Here's your previous thread: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-do-you-set-up-a-freelancer-and-client-account/m-p/44...

If you ever lose one, you can click on your own name in the forums and it will show you a list of your recent posts with links.

My settings don't include anything that allows me to create a client account (i.e. to attach a client account to my already existing freelancer account).  There isn't "create a company" or "create a client account" or anything else that sounds relevant.  To make sure, I clicked on every settings option and none of them were for adding a client account.

I'm a very new freelancer account holder, and have not yet even submitted a proposal. Could this be the reason I'm not able to add a client account??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this! To create Client account on your current account, please go to your account settings and select App Authorizations tab on the left. Once you do, you will see options as on picture below, please click Create a Client Company in order to create a client account! Meanwhile, please go through this Help Article and find out how to make an offer and hire a Freelancer. You can post a job, verify your payment method, review proposals you receive, send an offer and hire a freelancer to complete this work for you, and process the payment as explained here. I'd also strongly recommend you to review the client resources we shared here. Let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Screenshot from July 8, 2018 7_06 PM.png

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you so much for this prompt response. I really appreciate it, and I feel embarrassed for apparently NOT trying App Authorizations (or maybe not scrolling down far enough in it) after claiming to have checked all the Settings choices. Thank you also for the additional links.     ~Lisa

Latest Articles
Learning Paths