Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the client pay manual time?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
1 of 8
A client of mine has agreed to let me bill for manual hours, as the nature of the work isn't really conducive to snapshots. He is used to billing with the time tracker and having the money automatically come out of his credit card without him having to do anything. I know that manual time isn't automatically approved, and I don't know how things work from the client end. Is there anything he needs to do in order for me to get paid? We have a good relationship and I'm not worried about him not wanting to pay me. I just want to make sure he doesn't forget to do anything he's supposed to so I don't get paid.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 8
It's automatically billed just like regular hourly contracts are (except for the guarantee), the only difference is that the client a: has to enable/allow for manual time in the contract settings and b: will get a system generated manual time summary once a week or so.
Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 8
One more thing I forgot to mention is that you can check if manual time is enbled by going to your work diary. If you see the "add manual time" button, it's enabled, and if you see the "request manual time" button, it's disabled. Other than enabling it if it's disabled, there's nothing the client needs to do or approve.
Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 8
Manual time is already enabled. The client has already agreed to it.
Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 8
You're good to go then!
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
6 of 8
After you add manual time, your client gets an email from oDesk about it at the end of the day.
Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 8
Thanks. That is what I wanted to know.
Highlighted
Robert S Member Since: Aug 5, 2011
8 of 8
I've been meaning to look into weekly payments but haven't yet. If your project is conducive to that, it might be worth looking into.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS