cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Hire Rate calculated?

Pietro G Member Since: Dec 6, 2016
1 of 12

Hi All,

it is not clear to me how Hire Rate is calculated for Clients.

Can someone please explain?

Thanks,

Pietro

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 12

Hi Pietro,

Please use the interactive rate calculator and check the FAQ section here, and refer to the details shared in this Help article. Please follow up here afterwards if you have any questions or need further clarification.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 12

@Pietro G wrote:

it is not clear to me how Hire Rate is calculated for Clients.

Client posted 20 jobs and hired someone on 12 of those: Hire rate 60%

That includes jobs that are still open and being actively hired for.

Pietro G Member Since: Dec 6, 2016
4 of 12

Thanks Petra,

so it's only related to jobs and not also to the number of Freelancers I invite vs. the ones I hire

Regards,

Pietro

Andy P Member Since: Sep 1, 2017
5 of 12

Hi Petra, 

Hope you're well.

Considering your answer, I was wondering if you would be so kind to help me out with some questions I have on this subject:

1) Let's say I have a job post which is very well detailed on the skills I am looking for, and none of the applicants (proposals received) conform with those requirements, am I still penalised by not hiring anyone for that Job ad? Because, it seems to me that I will get a lower hire rate due to that...

2) Let's imagine I close that Job ad and ended up meeting someone who matches those skills, if I hire the freelancer and add to the contract the reference to that previous job ad, would that change my hire rate? Increase it somehow?

3) Now, what if the opposite happens and I ended up hiring more than one freelancer per job ad, would that have a positive impact on my hire rate?

5) What happens when  I hire a freelancer, and the same doesn't perform as well as they said they would, and I end the contract without any work being done. Would that impact my hire rate / or my account in negative way?

Thanking in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 12

Hi Andy,

Hire Rate is calculated by dividing the number of jobs that resulted in hire by the number of all jobs posted by client and multiplying it by 100%. It doesn't matter how many freelancer were hired for a job as this metric simply takes into consideration whether or not the job was filled. If, when sending an offer, you selected a job posting from the drop-down menu that's related to the hire, then that job posting will be marked as having a hire.

If you didn't find the right candidate among freelancers who applied to your job, you can edit the job posting and add information and more details to make the posting more attractive for freelancers. You can also search for freelancers and invite them to apply to your job.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
7 of 12

@Andy P wrote:

Hi Andy,

I just wanted to share my perspective. If you had 3 job posts and 33% hiring rate I'd apply to your next job. If you had 30 past jobs and 33% hiring rate I probably wouldn't apply.

Andy P Member Since: Sep 1, 2017
8 of 12

Hi Baris,

Thank you for your feedback, I get it and I'd be the same myself. In fact, I was asking all those questions because my goal is to improve my own hiring rate. Though, I find it difficult sometimes, when we don't get people who really match the skills we are looking for even after tweaking posts to make them as specific as possible... And that is where I think the system needs improvements...

Any thoughts on question 5?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
9 of 12

Andy, I might be going against the grain here but a comprehensive and informative RFP with either a reasonable budget or a line stating "the budget amount is a placeholder" will get a 2nd look from me. New to U clients have no track record and many of us bid on those jobs given the two parameters above. In other words,  a client's hiring rate is not as important as it might seem.

What does deter the top providers are comments like:

Need to hire 10 people

Inviting all and sundry

And, as Boris stated, a client with 100 jobs posted and a 30% hire rate.  

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
10 of 12

@Andy P wrote:

Any thoughts on question 5?

Once you hire someone it's counted as a job post resulted with hire. There was a client with 30 something posts 80% hire rate and no money paid. So they hired someone on 80% of the jobs they posted and didn't pay any of the freelancers. Please don't be like that just to improve your rate...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS