🐈
» Forums » Clients » How long does it take for a freelancer to res...
Page options
47a4fcad
Community Member

How long does it take for a freelancer to respond?

Hey there! I'm new to this whole thing. I've sent a message to one freelancer, and hired another and still waiting for them to accept. What a typical amount of time to wait? It's been several days. 

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Depends on the freelancer.

Could take a few minutes.

Maybe a few days.

Maybe never.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I respond to desirable offers within a day or so (when my profile is set to 'available'). I usually decline offers within a day, two at the most. Even when a project is laughably outside my realm of expertise and/or offering absurdly low compensation, I still respond. But not everybody does.

kat303
Community Member

@Alix G wrote:

Hey there! I'm new to this whole thing. I've sent a message to one freelancer, and hired another and still waiting for them to accept. What a typical amount of time to wait? It's been several days. 

I respond within 24 hours or less. Having said that I don't think there's a "typical" amount of time to wait for a response. It's all up to the client. IMO (although emergencies do happen) if it's been several days, perhaps you should look for another freelancer. If they take so long to respond to your offer, just think of what type of communication and responses you'll get if you hire this freelancer. 

Hi Alix,

I"m a freelancer and I have two prospects who want to hire me and I keep messaging them back to accept but it's as if they aren't getting the message. I think for some of us there might be some kind of software glitch. It's weird, I know. But your freelancer might have already accepted or sent you a message and you aren't able to see it somehow. I don't know what to suggest for this. I'm in contact with Upwork to see how we can fix this or I'm about to lose 2 jobs.

Best of luck on your hire. 🙂

Latest Articles
Learning Paths