🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How long does it take for a refund to dep...
Page options
fb1b3eba
Community Member

How long does it take for a refund to deposit after approval?

I cancelled a contract which initiated a refund request. The refund was approved 3 days and it says it will be refunded to my payment method but I have yet to receive anything.

How long does it normally take for the refund to process?

The end of the email says "This refund request has been approved.

Your deposit of $X will be refunded to your payment method."

15 REPLIES 15
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rakesh,

The refund was sent to your payment method right after it was approved two days ago. It usually takes 5-7 business days for it to arrive and show on the bank account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello, I haven't received mine since

Hello Emeke,

Your refund request was approved by the freelancer on October 21. Depending on your billing method, it can take 3-5 business days for the refund to appear on your online statement.

Untitled
1938d699
Community Member

Am in the same predicament as you,been waiting for one refund since Apirl 4th.The other since 16th.May.I dont want to pre-empt any effort being done behind the scenes to facilitate your getting your refund,but from my expirience you may be in for a long wait.All the best though.

Hi Joram,

I checked and it looks like the refunds you are referring to have been sent by Upwork to your payment method. You may need to check with your bank or credit card company about the money being delivered to your account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello.

I'm still waiting my refund since November 28th, how long does it take to appear in the bank?

Thanks.

Hi Alexander,

It can take up to two weeks for the funds to appear in some cases. Please check if the funds weren't sent to your account balance, which you can check by going to Reports > Transactions report, and let us know if you don't receive the funds two weeks after the refund date.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello! I haven't received a refund. A month passed! Please, help!

Hi Robert,

I am sorry about the inconvenience this has caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Please not i didn't get my refund and the freelancer approved it from one week ago

Hi Linda,

I checked your account and I can see that you`re already communicating with our team via ticket. Rest assured, our team will assist you further directly on your ticket.
Feel free to follow up there with any additional information or questions you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

My freelancer couldn't help me, so he closed the contract and he  gave my money back. The problem is that after 2 weeks I didn't get them in my credit card acount. If I go to Reports -> Transaction there I saw that the amount is 'refunded' but no money came.

Hi Iulian,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello! I haven't received a refund.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked refund status for you, and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths