🐈
» Forums » Clients » How long is an open milestone valid?
Page options
mananbd
Community Member

How long is an open milestone valid?

Hi!

I just have a simple query.

How long should I wait for the freelancer to accept the milestone? I tried to find a specific timeline for ToS but without help. As per Upwork culture, how long should I wait for the freelancer to respond before canceling the milestone? Is there any commonly followed protocol?

2 REPLIES 2
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Shalwal, Assuming that you both have a contract in place [You sent the offer and the freelancer accepted it], you can add as many milestones as you want, whenever you want. It would be better to discuss the milestone details with the freelancer before adding it. 

Once the milestone is added and funded, this means by default that you have agreed with the freelancer about it so no need for him to accept it.

I hope this helps

colettelewis
Community Member

Shalwal S wrote:

Hi!

I just have a simple query.

How long should I wait for the freelancer to accept the milestone? I tried to find a specific timeline for ToS but without help. As per Upwork culture, how long should I wait for the freelancer to respond before canceling the milestone? Is there any commonly followed protocol?

I'm fairly sure a milestone has  a sell-by date. I think it is 90 days. I once had a client fund a milestone but  he did not supply the work. After a while, I think both he and I were contacted by Upwork and I refunded the milestone. 

The freelancer has to agree to refund once the money is in escrow. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths