🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How many weeks are required to develop a ...
Page options
e6396361
Community Member

How many weeks are required to develop a forum website?

Hello all experts,

I have posted a new job to hire someone who can develop a new forum website for me. I have also started receiving proposals.

Can someone please let me know what is the average number of weeks that someone can require to develop a forum website for me? I am very new in outsourcing and need to be sure about the quotes that I am receiving are genuine.

Thank you for understanding.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How many weeks are required to develop a forum website?"

You should hire different people to discuss this with. Get more than one opinion.

But a short answer is that a forum website can be created in a few minutes by using existing templates. Or it could take a few months to create, if you want something completely original and customized. So I would say the answer to your question is anywhere from between 30 minutes to 6 months.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Mukesh Kumar J wrote:

Hello all experts,

I have posted a new job to hire someone who can develop a new forum website for me. I have also started receiving proposals.

Can someone please let me know what is the average number of weeks that someone can require to develop a forum website for me? I am very new in outsourcing and need to be sure about the quotes that I am receiving are genuine.

It's probably a good idea for you to hire a consultant who can answer all your questions for you. You will find a lot of those here!

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How many weeks are required to develop a forum website?"

You should hire different people to discuss this with. Get more than one opinion.

But a short answer is that a forum website can be created in a few minutes by using existing templates. Or it could take a few months to create, if you want something completely original and customized. So I would say the answer to your question is anywhere from between 30 minutes to 6 months.

Thank you Preston. That idea works for me. 🙂

jr-translation
Community Member

Mukesh Kumar J wrote:

Hello all experts,

This is something you should discuss with various freelancers during the interviews. Prepare a documents with all available details to share with the relevant candidates and compare the replies. If you have a fixed budget, you might also want to go for a fixed rate project with several milestones. Have the deliveries checked by another freelancer before releasing the milestone.

Consider both fix rate and hourly contracts. Both have pros and cons for both sides.

With an hourly contract, you have to pay for the time the freelancer has worked on your project. Would you be able to tell if the coding you see in a screenshot belongs to your project? Could you prove the opposite in case you think it takes to long?

With a fixed rate contract you know how much it wil cost in the end (provided that the freelancer delivers as ordered) and you can check during the process and intervene if necessary.

Besides what Jennifer and Preston wrote, ask the freelancers for links to forums they've created. If they can't, that doesn't mean they're incapable, but you're probably safer hiring someone with some experience.