🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How much does a freelancer save when hire...
Page options
2aec6b7f
Community Member

How much does a freelancer save when hired on a project upgraded with "Featured Job" badge?

I'd like to know all the incentives for the freelancer to choose this job over a non-featured job.  Is it worth the upgrade price tag?

4 REPLIES 4
madison-russell
Community Member

Personally, I have never been pulled to a featured job, and I view it just like any other job. Besides more freelancers potentialy seeing your job, I don't think there are any perks/benefits. In my opinion, I would save your money and just focus on hiring the best person for the job. 

emiguelina
Community Member

@Richard C wrote:

I'd like to know all the incentives for the freelancer to choose this job over a non-featured job.  Is it worth the upgrade price tag?

We get a reduced fee from 20% to 10%, but I think this is only for Top Rated Freelancers. See announcement here.

These are our fees:

• 20% for the first $500 you bill a client across all contracts with them
  • 10% for total billings with a client between $500.01 and $10,000
  • 5% for total billings with a client that exceed $10,000

So when Clients pay a one-time fee of $29.99 for a specific Job Post, for TR freelancers save $50 bucks, if they were hired for that job.

For Freelancer's perspective, It tells us you are a serious client.

No, I am not specifically drawn to these jobs nor do I especially seek them out. What motivates me to apply for the few jobs I apply to are the job description, and budget. With the budget, I mean a realistic budget for what I do and what is needed to be done. A client might have, for e.g. a $100 budget, but when looking at the job description, it may actually be a $200 job for the amount of work and time involved. If the job description is really interesting, I may apply for the latter but include a realistic rate and explain why.

resultsassoc
Community Member

Both "Featured" jobs and "Sponsored/Whatever" responses are bright shiny objects. A bright-shiny-object job post just tells me that the prospective client is too new to know that if the job is interesting it will be found by qualified providers. The other possible interpretation is that you're looking for providers who are easily distracted by bright shiny objects. I hope that's not your case.

A "Sponsored/Whatever" response is a waste of electrons to choose it. I, and most professionals, do not want to work for clients who are easily distracted by bright shiny objects. I also hire here and on another board. Nearly all jobs are invitation only, ten or fewer invitations issued. I specify number of invitations in the job description, and usually spend two hours going over profiles to find good matches.

Freelancers still submit bright-shiny--object responses. I delete them all. The freelancer failed the IQ test to work for me.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths