🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How much should I pay for this project
Page options
9f7f972a
Community Member

How much should I pay for this project?

I need to have a shopping cart and Stripe integration done on my budding website.  I am using the WooCommerce plugin on my WP site. I am not sure of a fair price for this work. I want to pay fairly and also not be taken advantage of. 

Also, I will be looking to hire someone for SEO and I am not sure how to price that either. I am interested in: 

• 5 Competitors Analyzed
  • 11 Keywords Analyzed
  • SEO Optimization
  • Tailored Action Plan
  • SEO Audit & Report
  • Bad Link Removal

Can I get some feedback on one or both of these pricing questions?

7 REPLIES 7
yitwail
Community Member

I can’t comment on SEO, but Woocommerce and Stripe is pretty standard so it shouldn’t cost much, provided you’re not expecting the freelancer to create a huge number of products and the theme doesn’t require much tweaking to accommodate Woocommerce. If at all possible, only hire someone who can demonstrate experience doing this.

@Simone S wrote:

I need to have a shopping cart and Stripe integration done on my budding website.  I am using the WooCommerce plugin on my WP site. I am not sure of a fair price for this work. I want to pay fairly and also not be taken advantage of. 

Also, I will be looking to hire someone for SEO and I am not sure how to price that either. I am interested in: 

• 5 Competitors Analyzed
  • 11 Keywords Analyzed
  • SEO Optimization
  • Tailored Action Plan
  • SEO Audit & Report
  • Bad Link Removal

Can I get some feedback on one or both of these pricing questions?

You could hire somebody to consult you on pricing of your project. Not sure if it is fair to expect to get free advice in the forum. 

Thanks, Martina, I called customer support inquiring about the best way to post a job considering that I am open to negotiation on the cost and that does not seem to be an option onUpwork.  The rep suggested two options and posting this question to the community was one of them.  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Simone,

I'd advise that you check our Hiring Headquarters for some helpful articles about writing great job postings and figuring out optimal budgets or rates for your project. Hopefully, you'll be able to find some great candidates to complete your project.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9f7f972a
Community Member

Thank you.  What's the best way to have them to demonstrate their experience? 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hire multiple freelancers to work on this. Give them the same assignments. Or ask different freelancers to work on different tasks. Continue working only with the ones who provide you with the best value.

Even after they have provided only an hour or two of work, you should be able to discern differences between them.

Which freelancer accomplished a lot in that time?

Which freelancer did very little?

Which freelancer did nothing?

With hourly contracts, you can stop working with any freelancer at any time, once you decide on which freelancers are the best people for your project.

yitwail
Community Member

@Simone S wrote:
Thank you.  What's the best way to have them to demonstrate their experience? 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Ask them for URLs of sites they've worked on, as part of their proposal. Of course, they could make this up, but if it was for an Upwork client, then it should appear in their work history.