cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How much would you charge for a Social Media Manager?

Ace Contributor
Michael M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
1 of 6

Hi everyone, I'm looking into the prospects of hiring a social media manager for a website, someone to make a few interesting and informed posts on facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. every day at about 4 hours per week, and do the work to make our presense more known. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of this type of job in terms of price.

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the freelancers or Client section, as I was interested in everyones perspective. ^_^

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 6

You are probably going to get a ton of people asking you to hire them here..lol.

Ace Contributor
Michael M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
3 of 6

I figured that may be the case, if so then I will review their profile and maybe hire them in 2-3 months when I actually decide if I'm going to go forward with this. Smiley Tongue

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 6
I would suggest that you hire an internet marketing expert, and check their qualifications carefully, rather than a social media manager. Advertising for a social media manager will get you lots of applications from freelancers who think they are qualified because they know how to set up a Facebook account. This is one of those situations where paying more for skills and experience will make a big difference.
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 6

Whatever you do, don't hire that $3/hour guy who has anything like "white hat backlinker" or article submissions, blog posts, etc in his profile. Don't pick anyone who barely speaks English. All these people do is spam social media with links. This does nothing for you.

You need someone who engages users. For instance, you're an expert in your field and you know what's trending or what your customers ask of you or maybe something that's in the news related to your industry. Write a great blog post from an expert point of view and share it on social media. Maybe something is trending in the news, and it's OK to share from other sources, but the social media person must be able to research and know how to engage users with the content.

When I do audits, this is one area where I see people fail. They pay some guy who barely speaks the language and has no clue about the industry do their social media and it's a huge fail. All the guy does is spam links, and you're just wasting money that way.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
6 of 6

@Michael M wrote:

I just wanted to know what you guys thought of this type of job in terms of price.

Your question doesn't make any sense.  Your budget is your business.  If you just want to hire someone to crank out garbage, you can pay them garbage.  If you expect to hire someone to catch the eye of billionaire patrons, they'll expect to be paid what they're worth.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS