cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How should I withdraw a contract, and sue the contractor!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 13

Pat: I agree that being humane is not a weakness.

I consistently urge clients to make good business decision rather than being vindictive.

Being vindictive is not good business. 

Note that we are not talking about the original poster, but we are speaking generally.

There are often emotions tied up on a contract that has gone sour. I often urge clients to pay freelancers what they owe them rather than try to make changes to payment arrangements due to emotional considerations. This is actually good business AND humane at the same time.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 13

In the original poster's situation, it is entirely acceptable for the freelancer to quote a higher price for a second, separate project.

The client had no obligation to agree to the higher price. The client is welcome to turn down that deal.

The freelancer had no right in any way to interfere with work that had already been completed on the first contract and paid for.

This was an unacceptable action. It was criminal. The venue this takes place in is Upwork. So it is through Upwork and Upwork only that this matter should be resolved.

It is appropriate to report this to Upwork. This goes behind a simple dispute. This is grounds for the freelancer to be immediately terminated from the platform.

Additionally, the project manager was negligent in not securing the work to a place inaccessible to the freelancer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
13 of 13

Preston H. posted:

Pat: I agree that being humane is not a weakness.

I consistently urge clients to make good business decision rather than being vindictive.

Being vindictive is not good business. 

Note that we are not talking about the original poster, but we are speaking generally.

There are often emotions tied up on a contract that has gone sour. I often urge clients to pay freelancers what they owe them rather than try to make changes to payment arrangements due to emotional considerations. This is actually good business AND humane at the same time.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Preston, I appreciate your clarification and agree with you on all of the aforementioned points.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS