🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to Cancel a contract partially done witho...
Page options
oteproductions
Community Member

How to Cancel a contract partially done without leaving feedback?

I have an hourly job for website work via FTP.  The contractor has done mediocre work, overpriced for the level of QA and direction that is needed.  I just want to cancel the job without feedback.   If I leave honest feedback, the FTP password will need to be changed and I'm too lazy to look up the linux command.  TIA.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out, Harold.

The party that's closing the contract is asked to leave public and private feedback before the contract is closed. Feedback helps freelancers and clients build their reputation on the platform. It’s also useful for others when making decisions on who they want to work with. Note that you don't have to leave the public comment and can just leave star rating and private feedback.

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Harold:

If you don't want to leave feedback, all you need to do is send a quick message to the freelancer:

"Jessica:

I would like to close this contract now, but I would prefer to not leave feedback. Can you help me out with this by closing the contract yourself? That way I won't need to leave feedback, and your profile page will be the better for it."

petra_r
Community Member

Harold K wrote:

I have an hourly job for website work via FTP.  The contractor has done mediocre work, overpriced for the level of QA and direction that is needed.  I just want to cancel the job without feedback.   If I leave honest feedback, the FTP password will need to be changed and I'm too lazy to look up the linux command.  TIA.

The FTP password should be changed anyway.

EVERY TIME someone else had access to it. It's just common sense.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths