🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to Set up a Contract as a "Pay per Submis...
Page options
22e9fd63
Community Member

How to Set up a Contract as a "Pay per Submission"?

How do I set-up the payment terms project in Upwork that is paid per submission? (The freelancer and I have already agreed on the terms).

In this example: freelancer is paid to generate leads and thus is paid in batches based on how many leads he provides.

However, I'm unsure how to best set up the contract terms for payment. I tried to set-up "fixed pay" with milestone payments; however, that doesn't quite work becuase the total number of leads (that will ultimately be provided) is unknown at the time of posting.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You have two contract models to choose from:

- fixed-price

- hourly

Within the hourly contract, you may choose to pay a fixed "weekly salary" (really a retainer), which probably doesn't fit your needs... but I'm pointing it out for the sake of completeness.

And with either the fixed-price or hourly contracts, you may use the Pay Bonus tool to pay as much money as you want, whenever you want.

That pretty much covers all of your possibilities.

Upwork does NOT have a specific "Pay Per Submission" tool.

But the closest thing there is would be the fixed-price contract.

You COULD make that work. We could discuss it further if you're not sure how.

You could also use the "Pay Bonus" tool, although a freelancer would be unwise to allow you to do that, because it is 100% on the honor system.

But if you are honest and the freelancer trusts you, then yes... simply paying using bonus payments is allowed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

You have two contract models to choose from:

- fixed-price

- hourly

Within the hourly contract, you may choose to pay a fixed "weekly salary" (really a retainer), which probably doesn't fit your needs... but I'm pointing it out for the sake of completeness.

And with either the fixed-price or hourly contracts, you may use the Pay Bonus tool to pay as much money as you want, whenever you want.

That pretty much covers all of your possibilities.

Upwork does NOT have a specific "Pay Per Submission" tool.

But the closest thing there is would be the fixed-price contract.

You COULD make that work. We could discuss it further if you're not sure how.

You could also use the "Pay Bonus" tool, although a freelancer would be unwise to allow you to do that, because it is 100% on the honor system.

But if you are honest and the freelancer trusts you, then yes... simply paying using bonus payments is allowed.

Yes. This method probably would not work (from the freelancer's perspective) for establishing a new freelancer relationship. But once an initial job is done, and there is mutual understanding and trust between both parties, I think this is probably the best option.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Couldn't you set up a milestone for each 10 leads or 20 leads or whatever?

Christine A wrote:
Couldn't you set up a milestone for each 10 leads or 20 leads or whatever?

That's probably the best option. But if that doesn't suit you, another option is to set up a milestone based on an estimated number of leads. Then, when you release payment for the milestone, you can edit the amount up or down to the appropriate amount for the actual number of leads generated.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths