Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to archive the message?

Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
1 of 4

Hello,

I have a long list of conversation with my freelancer, and some of them including some steps on the work itself. 

I am wondering How to archive these messages in order for me to have it locally in my computer.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
2 of 4

There isnt an option to archive directly the messages from the room.

As an alternative, go to the messages exchanged with the freelancer, select the text with the mouse, right click copy -> paste in a word document, which you save on your computer.

Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
3 of 4

Hi Claudia, 

Thank you for the reply.

But this approach is taking time given the conversation is very long. Imagine that this is a such a long contract (i.e., 1 month) and every day both of client-freelancer update something interactively on the chat session. We dont want to do this copy+paste thing as the message is not showed all, and we need to scroll all the way up and down to do this.

Having such a system that can archive the chat session (at least weekly or event monthly) is something that I am sure Upwork Guru/Expert can do to improve the system. This is also help the sequence of the chat session that sometimes including attaching figures, files etc. I know that files/figures is saved on the chat menu as well, but it was not on the body of chat session.

Looking forward to any other solution or make this feature implemented as well.

Cheers,

J

Ed H Member Since: Dec 22, 2016
4 of 4

is old but maybe helpfull for others searching same thing.
enter the conversation you want to save and scrollt up to the very top (first message)

then simply save the page on your harddrive in your project folder. all text and images should be saved
do this every now and then and you good.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS