🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to can get money from my before worked fr...
Page options
9944e257
Community Member

How to can get money from my before worked freelancer?

Hello

Before I worked one freelancer and his account is closed, stopped our project.

I want to refund him before paid the money.

It is processed this month, but I can't find the project in my project list and can't find the freelancer profile.

How to can get a refund of the money?

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter
Community Member

1) Is it true that you hired this freelancer to do some work for you?

2) Did the freelancer do the work you hired him to do?

3) How much money is it that you want to get?

1.Yes, It is right.

Now, this account for ask to the community, and in reality, I hired one freelancer, paid to time track task.

2. Yes, he worked it and he told me his account has a problem, trying to solve it to support the team.

3. Total 420$.

The first week: 300$ and next week is 120$.

I think the task is started from the 2nd weekly in this month.

Akashi:
I believe that you hired a freelancer, using an hourly contract.

He worked a certain number of hours for you one week, and then he worked some more the next week.

You were billed $420 total for the work that he did for you.

Why do you think you can get money from this freelancer? I don't understand that part.

You hired him. He worked. You paid him.

That's normal.

He worked on some parts of my project and his account is closed, not have a connection with him.

So I need to hire another developer.

The task not finished and by the developer's self problem, I need to hire another one.

So I want to refund the money.

Is this the answer to your question?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Akashi,

I was not able to locate the contract you're referring to. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

When a client hires a freelancer using an hourly contract, the client pays for the freelancer's time.

Whether a project is "finished" or "not finished" is not a component of hourly contracts.

It is not Upwork's intention that a client receive a refund when a client hires a freelancer using an hourly contract, and then the freelancer doesn't finish the project.

Hello

But his account closed and I don't have the contact information of the developer.

In this things, currently, the project has 10% step in the total project and I don't know how to continue, how to resume the works.

So I need to find another developer and pay for it.

If the freelancer lives, I can ask the guy.

I wish you well as you continue to push your project toward completion.

You are correct that it would be best if you were able to contact the original freelancer and pay him through Upwork to continue helping you with the project. But that may not be possible. Let's plan what to do next if you can never connect with him again.

Yes, I am too want to continue work with the developer.

But he told me a week ago, he received identity verification and he uploads his passport and bill documents and waiting for the support team to approve them.

But 2 days ago, his profile hidden.

When I hire the developer, I see he have 30+ good reviews and 8K+ earned in there.

So I hired the developer. Real not understand why the developer disappear.

Regard

Hi Akashi,

I'd like to look into this for you. Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can check? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
9944e257
Community Member

OK, I sent message to you and write need information in there.

Did you received my message and can you advise about them?

Hi Akashi,

Thanks for sending me a DM. I'll go ahead and check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths