🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to cancel a job and get a refund, wit...
Page options
5e7dd987
Community Member

How to cancel a job and get a refund, without any fault of the Freelancer

Hello, Yesterday I posted a job and accepted a bid from a Freelancer. I then uploaded the money of the project to Escrow. I had not given the freelancer any details of the job and they had not started it. I found out that the job was not needed and I now need to cancel the job and would like to get a refund. The Freelancer is fine with cancelling. How do I cancel the job, get a refund and ensure that there is no penalty for the Freelancer? I would not want a bad rating to be caused as they have not done anything wrong. 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Stephanie S wrote:

Hello, Yesterday I posted a job and accepted a bid from a Freelancer. I then uploaded the money of the project to Escrow. I had not given the freelancer any details of the job and they had not started it. I found out that the job was not needed and I now need to cancel the job and would like to get a refund. The Freelancer is fine with cancelling. How do I cancel the job, get a refund and ensure that there is no penalty for the Freelancer? I would not want a bad rating to be caused as they have not done anything wrong. 

Release a token amount to the freelancer, leave feedback and then end the contract, requesting your Escrow funds back. Or the freelancer can "submit" and request a token amount.

That way it does not count as a  "nothing paid" contract and everyone is happy, including Upwork's algorithm.

You can leave as little as $1.00.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths