🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to cancel a job
Page options
65eaf6a2
Community Member

How to cancel a job

Hi

I contracted somebody for a job he was sure to do. Unfortunately he cannot do the job and he suggested a compromise which is not acceptable.

How is it possible to cancel the contract ?

Thanks

Yves

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Waibee,

To close your contract you will need to open your Contract room > Click on the Cancel Contract button. From here you will be taken to a new window where you can choose to release a partial payment or request a refund on the funds in Escrow (Section "Pay freelancer"). To learn more about requesting a refund check out this Help Article. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here so that I can guide you further. 

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Waibee,

To close your contract you will need to open your Contract room > Click on the Cancel Contract button. From here you will be taken to a new window where you can choose to release a partial payment or request a refund on the funds in Escrow (Section "Pay freelancer"). To learn more about requesting a refund check out this Help Article. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here so that I can guide you further. 

~ Goran
Upwork

If you’ve paid an initial amount to the freelancer, but they have not delivered work, even after repeated requests, and missed deadlines, how do you get a refund?

Ryan S wrote:
If you’ve paid an initial amount to the freelancer, but they have not delivered work, even after repeated requests, and missed deadlines, how do you get a refund?

That depends on whether you paid that money more or less than 30 days ago. Is there money in Escrow?

Why did you pay money to the freelancer without an work having been submitted?

Preston H wrote:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062058-Get-an-Escrow-Refund

That doesn't help get back any money already paid.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths