🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to cancel an Escrow return request
Page options
02379f57
Community Member

How to cancel an Escrow return request

I mistakenly ended a contract requesting a refund of the escrowed payment amount. Turns out the freelancer had already completed most of the work, so I instructed her to complete the project disregarding my refund request. Now I would like to pay her the originally agreed amount for a successfully completed contract, but the contract's status is ended, how do I reverse the refund request and pay the freelancer as originally agreed.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Andrew, the easiest way is to get the freelancer to agree to the Escrow return and to pay her via a bonus on the ended contract.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Andrew,

One of our representatives will reach out to you regarding your concern.

Untitled

I am here because I made the same mistake. I ended a contract and an escrow refund request was created. The freelancer is worried that this will negatively affect her account. I don't want to create a dispute or a refund. I want to pay her and even hire her again. Upwork support, please contact me. My username is smartmarketer. 

Jesse F wrote:

I don't want to create a dispute or a refund. I want to pay her and even hire her again. Upwork support, please contact me. 

You don't need Upwork to do anything. In fact Upwork can't do anything. Just pay the freelancer as a bonus on the closed contract, then she can simply accept the request for the return of the escrow funds. Problem solved.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket regarding your request. If you need any further assistance please feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths