🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to cancel my hiring contract with freelan...
Page options
7aa324cf
Community Member

How to cancel my hiring contract with freelancer

Hello! I need a help! For my job i hired the freelancer, but after 3 weeks she messeged me, that she dont want to do my job any more, she"not longer comfortable working on this". So now i want to cancel my hiring and hire the another writer,  and wrote a revew for she, becourse i am not happy to work with this freelancer, she was wasted my time for nothing.( Please, tell me, how to cancel the contract  -  i am first time using the upwork - where i should click and how i will get my money back. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ekaterina,

I checked and it seems that you already chatted about your concern with our support team on this ticket. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ekaterina:

Go here:

Upwork -> Jobs -> My Jobs

Next to the contract listing is a "three dots" icon.

Click on that. In the contextual dropdown menu, click on "End Contract".

If you have escrow money funded in a fixed-price contract, then edit the dollar amount to be zero.

This will create an automatic refund request. If the freelancer clicks "accept" on their end, then the money will automatically go back into your account. If the freelancer does nothing, then the money will automatically go back into your account.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths