🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to change "Pay by hourly" into other meth...
Page options
e5128e7f
Community Member

How to change "Pay by hourly" into other method

Hi Sir/Madam,

I'm new in UPWORK. I have three questions:

1. Billing method, Can you tell me how to change hourly to word count?

When I clicked "Hire" botton, the pay in only have two options: hourly or fixed price. But the pay of the voice job I posted here is based on word counts. I offered C$18 for each 1000 words. I've hired one talent today and both of us underdstand and agree that price is based on word count. Here is the problem, the hire in upwork now is hourly. There will be difference on amount I'll pay.

2. Credit Card / Debit Card / Currency Exchange Rate
I have filled in my billing information with my credit card. I'm contacting another freelancer who is in United States. So what currency will be deducted from my account, CAD OR USD? If it is USD, considering the exchange rate, and credit card fees, money paid by debit card or credit card which is cheaper?

3. Service Charge and Paypal Charge

I know there is 3% service charge by Upwork. For paypal, it is 4.4%+0.3. Are these two fees charged seperately? For example, if I pay CAD100 to a freelancer by Paypal, I also need pay CAD3.00 to Upwork, CAD4.4+0.3 to Paypal? Do I need to pay GHT or something? I need details on the costs to arrange my budget. 

Your suggestion and quick response are highly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regars,
Kris

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Kris,

I'd be happy to address your questions.

1) There are two types of contracts on Upwork  - fixed-price and hourly. There isn't a way to set up a contract just for the word count. However, many clients and freelancers agree to use the fixed-price model and calculate the amount for each milestone based on the word count of the piece they have. You can discuss this with your freelancer and make the offer accordingly.

2) While all the rates, budgets, payments and fees show in US Dollars on Upwork site, you can select if you want your credit card to be charged in USD or CAD. Check out this help article for more information about that. 

4) Payment Processing Fee of 3% is charged on all payments made by the client. When you have a contract on Upwork, the payments are made to the freelancer and then the freelancer withdraws their earnings using their payment method of choice. If you add PayPal as a billing method on Upwork, 3% Payment Processing fee will apply to payments as usual. You may need to check with PayPal's support regarding any additional fees that may apply. 

Please, let us know if you have any further questions. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you very much, what you told me is very helpful!
tanvirhosen
Community Member

Hi HR C,

1. You should have the option to convert the job hourly to a fixed price. If you are not able to find the option then you can offer a different proposal to the freelancer. 

2. You will be charged USD from your account and it will be the global exchange rate. 

3. Yes, it will be charged separately. 

Please contact Upwork and PayPal support more conformation,

Thanks  

Thanks, it is very helpful!
Latest Articles
Learning Paths