cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check what my freelancer doing?

e9d2ef91
Irina M Member Since: Dec 1, 2017
1 of 11

Hi! I have a question about my freelancer. How can I check her job for 1 month? I think i lost my money and time, I don`t know what is she doing, 36 hours for 1 month! I thougt she will work a lot every week. I know, she opened a few SMM accounts, but what else for 36 hours, her screens about nothing! How can I ask her about a month's report on the work done and how to evaluate this work? I feel betrayed.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Irina,

In addition to checking your freelancer's Work Diary on Upwork, you can communicate with her via Messages and ask for regular status reports as a part of the job.

~ Valeria
Upwork
e9d2ef91
3 of 11

OK, thank you! So I can ask her what did she do every hour?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 11

Yes, Irina. You can ask your freelancer to send you updates on the status of the project.

~ Avery
Upwork
e9d2ef91
5 of 11

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 11

Irina, you should be aware that you need to do this every week. You are talking here about a month's worth of work, but you have a window of opportunity in which to challege a freelancer's hours, and that occurs on a weeky basis. If you let that window close, you have effectively approved those hours.

e9d2ef91
7 of 11

Yes, I trust her too much! English is not my native language, very diffucult for me. Can I pending money for last week, I want to receive proof, what she really did?

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
8 of 11

Hello Irina,

You may also check áll the screenshots of the activities done by your freelancer for the hours logged in by going to your Reports tab, and then choose Work Diary.

Untitled
e9d2ef91
9 of 11

Yes, i saw it. There were nothing about results, just screens with different sites, sometimes the same many times, but no work on it, no results.  

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 11

It sounds like maybe you will want to pause your contract so that your freelancer can't log any more hours until you are able to talk with her and find out whether you are getting what you are paying for.

The current pay period ends Sunday night, and then you will have until Friday to review the hours logged this week and dispute them if you don't believe that your freelancer is working on your project during the time she's logging.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS