🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to choose a graphic designer from a searc...
Page options
upworker949
Community Member

How to choose a graphic designer from a search rather than posting a job?

I am relatively new to Upwork but have a profile set from years ago as a job seeker. I would like to now hire a graphic designer for a few projects and see where we can take my ideas. From what I understand (There is no phone number for customer support), I have to also create a "Client" profile to actually hire anyone for a job. I am not a company and I don't want to post the job and go through an interview process and hope I get the right designer. All I want to do is search for the right designer based on their cost per hour and contact them to see if it is something we can work on. I searched for this and found a designer who's profile really spoke to me but there is no hire option. Do I really have to write up a deteiled job description that includes type of designer I'm looking for, deliverable and all these terms just to contact and hire the designer I already want to hire based on reviews? Fiverr let me search and contact and hire. Am I missing something? 

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Todd,

Clients are unable to communicate with freelancers unless freelancers apply to a client's job post, or the freelancer was invited to apply to the job, and the freelancer obliged. On this interview stage, you should be able to discuss the project details with the freelancers, and vet which freelancer will be best for your project.

Please check this help article for more information about interviewing and negotiating with Freelancers.

Also, check out some of the great articles about Interview Questions to Find the Perfect Freelancer and How to Choose and Interview the Right Freelancer for Your Project.

You can check some helpful resources to give you an idea about how to get started as a client. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Do I really have to write up a deteiled job description that includes type of designer I'm looking for, deliverable and all these terms just to contact and hire the designer I already want to hire based on reviews?"

No, you do not need to do that.

I am not sure where you got that idea.

If you have already found a graphic designer you would like to hire, then just send them a private invite.

You can create simple job description that simply says "Do graphic design work at your hourly rate."

Or "Do a small graphic design project based on your quote. Will discuss in more detail if you are available and reply to this invitation."

Copy and paste my text if you want to.

You can include any kind of message that you want to. Some freelancers will reply to your invitation. Some won't it's the same with anything.

petra_r
Community Member

Todd A wrote:

...I have to also create a "Client" profile to actually hire anyone for a job.

.... I searched for this and found a designer who's profile really spoke to me but there is no hire option.

Once you have set up your client profile, there **WILL** be a "Hire" option (but please use the "Invite to job" option instead) when you look at the freelancer's profile from your client profile.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths