🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to close client account
Page options
180399eb
Community Member

How to close client account

How do I close my client account?

I've been searching all over the website and I've followed the only instructions I could find - it failed and asked me to

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Maybe it's becasue I still have funds in the account I don't know (I presume they'll be refunded on closing!).

There's no way I'm calling a US number from Ireland, it'll cost me a fortune.

How do I close it?

Kieran

112 REPLIES 112
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kieran, 

Have you tried the following steps -

• Remove all other team members from the company
  • Close all open contracts associated within the company
  • Close all open jobs associated with the company
  • Ensure all outstanding billing is paid within Upwork

To close your client company:

1. Click Accounts menu, choose Settings, then My Info
  2. Click the Close this account link
  3. If you meet the requirements, click the button to confirm you want to close your company

Let us know!

~ Avery
Upwork
180399eb
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thanks for the advice but that didn't work.

I'm still unable to close and take out the money I have in there.

How do I proceed?

My company name: Blackwire Contracting Limited

Kieran O'Connor

Hi Kieran,

One of our team members will get in touch with you regarding your concern. Thank you

Untitled

Can someone contact me to delete my client account as well? No apparent link to do as such. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christie

Our team will reach out to you shortly and close your account. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
3f99b526
Community Member

i want to close my account.pls help me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ingrid,

Your account was closed from our end, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c2e85baa
Community Member

Hello,

please assist. I need my client account closed because I no longer work for the team I was using Upwork for. 

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your account is closed now, Emily. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jira87
Community Member

Struggling with the same thing.....want to close/disconnect from the clients account as I no longer want to work for them, but can't see such an option...
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jiri,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with disconnecting your account from the Client's account you are connected with.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

So, is there no way for the user to close an account themselves? Every reply to this post is followed by an admin closing the account for them. I made a client account while I was trying to do something, thinking I could quickly close it, but I see no option to do so. I have a freelancer account and I'm also a team member for another group. I only want to close a client account.

Hi Nicole, 

You can send me a private message with the details of the client account you want closed so that I can look into this for you. I'll wait for your message. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ryanjames
Community Member

Hi, I'm in the same boat, y'all.

Are any moderators available to help me remove 4 client accounts leftover from the Elance migration years ago? I'd love to get that cleaned up.

Thanks!
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your accounts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also need to close my client account. Please help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emily, 

I'll go ahead and close your account for you as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
24d4c70e
Community Member

Need to close client but make sure agency and freelancers are safe, is this possible?

Hi Taras,

Yes, it is possible. If you want, please let me know and I'll assist you further with the request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i require this as well

Hi,

I only want to close my Client account but maintain this freelancer account. If that's possible, please do it for me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mutuku,

Your client profile is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there,

Can you please help me delete my client account? 

Thanks!

Hi Thelma,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
613839b8
Community Member

I want to close my Client account + Agency Account.. only my Personal account should be in there. I can't use my 60 connects..! please do needful thank you..

Here it shows...

Screenshot at June 9th 2021 - 12.39.27 pm.png

But available...

Screenshot at June 9th 2021 - 12.39.39 pm.png

I think if You will close my agency account it will solve.. and I can do bid work again..

Hi Sanjay,

It looks like you set yourself to be an Exclusive member of your agency. In order for us to close the agency, you need to switch your status to Non-Exclusive.

To update your status, switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive'. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive'.

Once you do that, please let me know so that I can proceed with the closure.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have done according to your instructions please check

Screenshot at June 11th 2021 - 11.38.18 am.png

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for following up! I closed your other accounts. 

As you are new to Upwork, I suggest visiting our Resource Center and signing up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I'm unable to close my client accounts. Please guide me on how to remove the client account from my profile. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Talha

9c1b13d0
Community Member

Please close our account.

Hi! Can I also get assistance in closing my client account?

Hello Anna,

I see that your Client is already closed now. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi,

How do i close my client account, When i try to close it it's promoting to close my freelancer account, I've close just my client account not freelancer account.

Hi Varun,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble closing your freelancer account. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b730b40f
Community Member

Close my account as a client on upwork

Hi Dr,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please I will like to close my own client account too. Thanks

Hi Achare, 

Before closing your client account, you must close all of your open job posts. Feel free to check here for more information on how to do that, and also here if you decide to close the account on your own afterwards. Don't hestitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, I have client account and freelancer account in one account, and i just read from the link you sent to me which says, if i close client account, freelancer account will be closed as well. Is that true?

I wish to close only the client account since i am more of a freelancer than a client.

I did as you told me, cancelled all job post and i wish to close only the client account without affecting freelancer account please.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Learning Paths