🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to close client account
Page options
180399eb
Community Member

How to close client account

How do I close my client account?

I've been searching all over the website and I've followed the only instructions I could find - it failed and asked me to

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Maybe it's becasue I still have funds in the account I don't know (I presume they'll be refunded on closing!).

There's no way I'm calling a US number from Ireland, it'll cost me a fortune.

How do I close it?

Kieran

112 REPLIES 112
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Konrad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with closing the part of the account you're referring to. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
2cf7006c
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to close my account but I don't seem to find the link to do so at My Info in my profile.

I entered as a part of the company, but I would like to leave now, but the company must remain there.

How am I supposed to do this?

Thanks

This is a huge problem.
I contacted support multiple times and they say there is nothing I can do,
and that I have to contact the account owner to pull me out of the account.

Month's later, I am still connected to an old client's account, causing a
liability issue for me.

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a PM with the name of the client profile you would like to close so that I can check? You can click on my name to send me a PM. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Mariana,

I would just like to confirm, would you like to close this account that you used to post here in the community? If you close this account you'll need to ensure that you check the following first:

• Remove all other team members from the company
  • Close all open contracts associated within the company
  • Close all open jobs associated with the company
  • Ensure all outstanding billing is paid within Upwork

Please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

No, I just want to be disconnected from an account that I am not longer involved. The client still uses the account.

Thanks for the information, Sabrina.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2cf7006c
Community Member

Hello,

I am not the administrator of the Upwork login of the client, but I need to be.

For that, the old administrator canceled her account, and then i logged in and there is this message in my Upwork homepage profile: "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support".

Please, I need to know how to become an administrator now or cancel my account and start over.

It has been two days since I am trying to post a new job and the website is keeping me from doing it and it is delaying my schedule.

Thank you.

Hi Mariana, 

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm in the same boat.
Help?

Hi Danny,

I would just like to confirm, are requesting to close this account that you used to post in the community? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0ca094c3
Community Member

Profile> Setting>My Term> Close my Account

gauravmeena0708
Community Member

I only want to close my client account, is it possible??

Hi Meera,

I checked and it looks like you have a support ticket with our team and they are assisting you with your account. Once that is resolved you can reach out to us again and we'll be happy to help you close your client account.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
salsakleiner
Community Member

Hello!
I have a freelancer account but had the idea to post a job and created a client account under my freelancer acc.
I would like to close/remove/delete the client account without effecting my freelancer account.
I cannot seem to find the info anywhere.

Thank you for your help!

Hi Sarah,

Your client account has been closed as requested. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
filguler
Community Member

I would like to close two regular client accounts I accidentally created. 

Not the 'plus' client account. Only the two regular accounts. 

I don't want to risk deleting my freelancer account (again) and the 'How to' page regarding this topic (closing client accounts without closing freelancer account) only explains how to close accounts. There is a warning that closing client accounts will result in your freelancer account also being closed but there is no informed resolution. 

Thanks. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Phil,

Your client accounts have been closed as per your request.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
590e29f8
Community Member

Hi,

I need to close my client account. Please help me.

Best regards,

Digilak

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Digi,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
be01d717
Community Member

Hi,

I also find it difficult to close my client account.

Please help me with this issue. Please close my client account.

Best regards,

Digilak

Hi Keth,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
07cc1205
Community Member

Please help me in deleting my client upwork account too...

Hi Vedika,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6deeb8d5
Community Member

Hi.

I mistakenly created a client account while trying to create an account here. I would love to close it and open a freelancer account.  Please is this possible and how? Thanks

Hi Pearl Nneka,

I have checked this account you're currently using and you do have a client account associated with it. Are you referring to a different account under a different email address? If so, could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with that account? Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sajal36
Community Member

Surprisingly there are so many client account closure request. What is the reason for so many client account getting created. The reason I put this question is due to so many job you use connect to apply for the same. However there is hardly any response on those jobs. Could this be the reason?

panis_akoliya
Community Member

Once I deleted my client account but deleted my main freelancer account too so Can you please clarify How I can delete ONLY the client account

Hi Panish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
56b4bf21
Community Member

I accidentally opened a customer account and can't close it now. I'm actually just a freelancer.Contact me to delete my client account as well?

Hi Yakup,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
shybartolo
Community Member

Hi can you close my client account only? I tried it from the client account settings but it says I have active proposals. I do but thats on my freelance account. I only want the client account closed. Please help. Thank you. The name is Animation Studio Shift.

Hi Graceshiela,

Your client account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths