🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to close client account
Page options
180399eb
Community Member

How to close client account

How do I close my client account?

I've been searching all over the website and I've followed the only instructions I could find - it failed and asked me to

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Maybe it's becasue I still have funds in the account I don't know (I presume they'll be refunded on closing!).

There's no way I'm calling a US number from Ireland, it'll cost me a fortune.

How do I close it?

Kieran

112 REPLIES 112

Hi Achare,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with closing your client account. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
57baf4c7
Community Member

Hey kindly close my client account as well it is named with "UEXI"

Hi Arsalan,

Your client account has been closed as per your request.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b730b40f
Community Member

Close my upwork client account. I am saying this fourth time.

Hi there,

One of our support agents has followed up with you directly via a support ticket and will continue assisting you directly with your request.

~ Valeria
Upwork
0648a185
Community Member

Hello,

I need to close 2 client accounts as I no longer work with them.

Can you please help?

Thank you.

K

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your message. Your client accounts are closed as requested by you.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Please delete my client account as well. 

Hi Bimal,

Could you please make sure you remove any team members from your client account and close any jobs and contracts before attempting to close it? Check out this help article for more information and screenshots showing how to do that. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Can you please help me deleting my client account as well? But I would like to keep my freelancing account active. I am looking forward to get help from UPwork management, thanks.

Hi MD Rafiqul,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I would like to be disconnected from a client account and I can't seem to be able to remove myself.

They are still using the said account, I was just a collaborator.

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a private message with the name of the client profile you wish to close so that I can assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
35b27a3c
Community Member

I need assistance closing a client account.

e608124a
Community Member

Hi,

May I request your help in closing a client account, too, please?

I do not see this option:

"Click the Close this account link"

Cheers.

Hi Chocobo

Before closing your account you'll need to clear any outstanding open, active, or pending activity.

You can find instructions here on how to close your account depending on the type of account, Client (Company Owners), or Client Admin / Manager / Team Member / Colleague.

After you clear your contracts you should be able to close your account following these instructions, please let us know here if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e608124a
Community Member

I tried that.

I'm trying to leave a client. I have no jobs, proposals, orders, or outstanding payments at all with the company in question.

When I go to Settings > My Teams, there is no option for this:

"Select Leave Team under Actions"

- CI

Chocobo,

It sounds like you may be trying to close a client account you're not an owner of but are a team member of. In that case, please discuss this with the owner of that client account and ask them to change your team member permissions. Once they adjust your permissions, the client company will be removed from your account. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

I've done so multiple times, but they have not responded/ignored my request.

I really need to get this removed as soon as possible.

Is there anything else I can do?

Hi Chocobo,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e6444632
Community Member

Hi,

This is Sofin Wadhwaniya and I want to close my client account without closing my Freelancer account. Any help?

Hi Sofin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your client account has been closed as per your request.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e6444632
Community Member

Thank you

But after removing my client account, my profile photo has become invisible!

Hi Sofin,

Thank you for following up. I checked but could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? If the issue persists please share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you further. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
0b07f294
Community Member

Hello, can You please close only my client account. Thank You

Hi Iulia,

Your client profile is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
76d07571
Community Member

Hi. I have a freelancer and client account having the same email. Please help me delete the client account without deleting the freelancer. Thank you!

Hi Charie,

Your client profile has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Avery, I tried to create a Client Account (just want to see/try how it works) and now there's no way on closing it.
I don't have members yet or teams. Send help, please. I want to delete my CLIENT ACCOUNT (not freelancer) Thank you

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for your message. I see that your client account is already closed now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
storm77
Community Member

How do we close a client account? I have 3 clients I need to close one of them.

Hi Neil,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the accounts you would like to close?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
484849c7
Community Member

Thanks Avery O, I have two account here on upwork, one freelancer account and one client account. But Now I want to close client account from my profile. Please help me I tried but didn't work for me

Hi Daniel,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
484849c7
Community Member

Thankyou dear. 

I have also another questions for you, almost month ago I recieved one or two invitation per day but now I am not getting even one invitation in the past two week almost. Is there any problems or change with my account?

I look forward to your responses.

Thank You Again

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are not getting any invites anymore. Please know that we are not privy to how clients choose the freelancers they're sending invites to.

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. The specialized profile will help increase your profile views and get more jobs.

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork
9a2c846d
Community Member

I also need someone to close my client account; my organization does not wish to use the platform. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bee,

Your Client account was closed as per your request. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d0eb1dfd
Community Member

Trying to close a client account (BOR). Definitely want to keep my account but no longer wish to accidently log into that client account.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths