🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to complain against a freelancer who ...
Page options
4f1710c2
Community Member

How to complain against a freelancer who just left the job wasting soo much of time and energy?

One of my hired freelancer just left the job wasting soo much of time and energy, without completing all the tasks mentioned in the job, except one. I need to raise complain against her and ask Upwork to compensate me for my wasted time and effort. How can I do this? Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

I have some good news for you.

You don't even need to complain about a freelancer who wastes your time.

You can simply stop working with her.

You can close a contract and/or stop working with a freelancer AT ANY TIME. For ANY reason. Or no reason at all.

You need nobody's permission. You can do this on your own without involving Upwork personnel.

re: "I need to raise complain against her and ask Upwork to compensate me for my wasted time and effort. How can I do this?"

There is no such function.

But you ARE allowed to leave accurate and honest feedback when you close a contract. If the freelancer wasted your time, you may state this in your written feedback.

Hello...I need to complain as I have lost so much time and effort and have to invest the same to find another freelancer. 

Your bigger problem is with your project manager, not this individual freelancer.

Your project manager should have removed the underperforming freelancer from the team a long time ago, rather than letting her become a problem for your project.

Naguib C wrote:

Hello...I need to complain as I have lost so much time and effort and have to invest the same to find another freelancer. 

I'm sorry about the amount of time and effort you've already wasted.

When you end the contract, you will have the opportunity to provide honest public and private feedback about your experience.  While your negative comments and rating will likely affect the freelancer's JSS (job success score), it is important clients are warned about working with this freelancer.  

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naguib, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this freelancer. Are you referring to the recently closed contract? I checked and can see that the second milestone was refunded back to you, and you are also yet to leave feedback for the freelancer. You have until the 14th of December to leave appropriate feedback for this freelancer. You may also read this help article for more inforamtion on how you can request for a refund from a freelancer.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths