🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to contact Upwork customer service suppor...
Page options
e9c7fdb3
Community Member

How to contact Upwork customer service support?

thanks guys

179 REPLIES 179
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sumeet,

Go to this Link, at the bottom you will see a green button Get Help from Upwork. Specify your problem click next and you will be asked how to proceed ticket/live chat or phone.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't see what you are referring to. They just have different categories but none that you stated.

Except that doesn't work. It only brings you back to the community. How do you actually interact with customer support?

Hi Jessica,

Did you tried basic troubleshooting?
Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to contact our customer support, if the problem is not solved let me know. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes. And despite not having sent a message, somehow a ticket was created. When I go to the site and interact with that ticket to provide additional info/communication, I get an email saying that I responded to an email that isn't monitored (even though I made the response IN Upwork). So it seems Zendesk isn't managing things very well for you (see screenshot).

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for the detail report. Our team will investigate this further and will contact you soon with more details via ticket.
If you encounter any problems on your end feel free to ping me here or send me a PM.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!! I have a question. My client disputed my payment and ended my contract. I was wondering if how could i get my salary? since they message me that they refunded my client.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

I'm just using my partner's account.. My Name is Ma. Athena Jimera.

I've been overbilled for connects and they arent even showing in my account so am not able to send out proposals. The UpWork Help page basically just has the user go in circles without any way to get help specific to my account.

Hi Melanie,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

This exact same thing happened to me!  Upwork has no phone number to call for support, and the help and Support is uselesss regarding this topic, goign in circles.  I somehow called a number last night and they seems like they helped, but still same problem today

Hi Rediatu,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble getting in touch. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I completely agree. You are left to chase your tail. It is extremely frustrating. As I was searching for a way to email or chat with Upwork support, I found several articles that list list 10-20 freelance sites like Upwork. I will be looking into them and their methods of support. I'm sure I can find someone who will be glad to help and make money off of me.

i have a BIG question regarding customer support with Upwork.  Firstly, as the other member said, there is no phone / no email for customer support with Upwork.  That makes one a bit leery.

Second, thru my own fault, I was unaware that my alias of "Emma Peel," was being used as not only my user name for login, but as my REAL name.  That is not a good thing.  My real name is not even similar to Emma Peel.  I tried to change my name, and it says it's under review, but I must ask how long such a course of action takes.  Is it possible to delete my account and start all over again?

Thank you.

Hi Emma, 

I'm sorry to learn that you were unable to contact the Customer Support Team directly. Please know that we should be able to assist you here. 

Your name-change request is subject for review, and may take around 48 hours for review. If the name-change request was not approved, you can come back here, and we'll assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery

Hope yyou are good, I seriously need help... my security questions, is rejecting my answer... I have tried all the posible answers even the correct answer... I wanted to change my email address, since my domain extenstion was changed from .design to .com and I cant access the email, in the .design extension which I used to open my account... I have even contacted namecheap,  they said they cant access my old email... they have tired but no backup...

I really need my email changed from, .design extension to .com extension... and my security answer updated

Hi Bright,

To reset your security question or password, please fill in the account recovery form here. This will automatically create a support ticket, and one of our agents will assist you in regaining access to your account. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

thanks Avery

but 

I updated my Mac, so anytime I try to click on the link you gave to me I recieve a message thus

" We do not recognize your device. Would you like us to send you an email to **Edited for Community Guidelines** with instructions on how to update your security question? "

as I mentioned before our extension has been changed to read **Edited for Community Guidelines** no longer **Edited for Community Guidelines**... and I cant access this any longer

Hi Bright,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
9f3e3c55
Community Member

Please i submitted many times and many times !! Please i need an answer?
Why my account has been suspended??! What i did?! Is that even justice? I dont have answer and didn't have any causes ?! I want to know what happen for that ?! I'm checking my mail every day ?! Where customer service? And how that happening?! I'm frustrated and disappointed .. hope any one answer me .

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your message. I see that there is a support ticket already initiated for the same concern. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you..

But i'm suffering from this problems for abou weak .. my old acc susspended idon't know why i didn't got reason? 

I made a new accout (this acc) and also stopped :" with this ticket and where i will be notified .. i need to fix this issue i'm still have task to be graduated from iti .. 

Thanks i appreciate your answer. 

Hi Ahmed,

I can see that one of our agents has updated your ticket already to assist you further. Please check your ticket by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Upwork, has the worst service. you guys intentionally removed our access to real support and left us chatting with a bot.

I wrote a comprehensive description of the sereious problem I have with my upwork account but a bot would obviously not understand that. A ticket was open and after waiting 5 days for Upwork's reply I saw that the ticket was marked as "solved" without me getting any single support. This is insulting, belittling and terrible and it comes from a company that make a point to tell how much they care about everyone and everything happening everywhere in the world.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about how you feel. Could you please share your concern here so that Community members or one of our moderators can assist you? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3218f06d
Community Member

Hi Im unable to have the chat button with your support team. Can you get someone to assist with my queries please? I have an unauthorized charge on my credit card and im on the free tier plan. I have not added my credit card for billing as well so I'm surprised how did the charges ended up in my card. Can you please look into my billing history? I would like to request for refunds of my past charges and also please remove my credit card from your system. Thanks  

Hi Tung,

I see that you have your card added to your agency account and you recently upgraded your membership on your agency account. Could you please confirm if you are referring to the same charge initiated on Dec 21st? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Yes I have two charges to my credit card on Dec 21st. Im not sure how to terminate this and to end the plan.

As a feedback, the UI is not great and I can't navigate to the desired page.

Could you please help to untag my credit cards and refund the two charges pls?

Pls contact me via **Edited for Community Guidelines** directly. Thanks!

Thank you for your response and confirmation, Tung,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your concerns the attention they deserve. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Emma,

Could you resolve your issue? Ive been facing the same issue and Im unable to access any customer support for either changing my profile name or deleting my account. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. This is a little spooky. I didn't ask for any support, and haven't
visited your website in awhile (though I should!)....

Hi Judith,

I checked and it seems that a while ago you posted here in the Community regarding your issues with contacting support. Community Moderator Bojan shared your issue with our team and one of our agents reached out via this support ticket to assist you further. If you have further questions or were referring to a different matter, feel free to follow up so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi Goran, I have the same problem. I can't get in touch with anyone, my account's suspended because of a failed payment. I updated my card, added an extra card, there's no outstanding balance... so I've done all I could do. But my account is still suspended & I've tried & tried but there's no way to actually contact someone. Please help. Thanks, James

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear about all that. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi ,

I need one urgent help. can cannot able to submit the proposal.

Hi Sashi,

I just checked your account but was not able to locate any problems with submitting proposals. 

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same thing is happening to me , I don't know what else to do 

Hi Jade,

Could you please send us more information about the problem you are experiencing so that we can assist you?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths