🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to contact Upwork customer service suppor...
Page options
e9c7fdb3
Community Member

How to contact Upwork customer service support?

thanks guys

179 REPLIES 179

I requested a refund for my upwork premium subscription. I emailed, I used the AI chat. Nobody got back to me. I see that a ticket was created and marked as resolved on the same day, but nobody ever addressed my issue. I would like my money back please and thank you.

Hi Jesima,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've notified the team and they've just followed up with you via this support ticket. Kindly refer to the ticket for more information and don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shay,

Follow the instruction in my previous comment first. Afterwards im not sure what category you need but see the image below, you can select make payments or Other.
After you click next you will be asked if you want to submit as Ticket/ Live Chat or make a Phone call to Customer support. 

1.PNG

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran!

I think Shay meant this issue (check the screenshot, please)...

There are no options to select the phone call, live chat support or ticket

2017-05-06_2044.png

I have the same question, how can I contact the support guys?

Thanks in advance

Yes! Thanks Alex, that's the problem I'm having.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

My hire dissappeared and left me trying to put together peices he was working on. I have not been able to get a hold of him for at least a week now, essentially rendering his service inadaquate as this has created more work for me in backtracking. Either you can contact me, or VISA will be contacting you. It would be easier to mitigate this between your company and myself. If not, and there is no response from you, my bank will unilaterally reverse charge your account and your company will be left wth a deficit of funds. There is not really much alternative when this happens due to the VISA buyer protection. Please contact me soon. Thanks.

From my earlier message regarding a charge back from your account: When I file a VISA buyer protection claim, VISA, at that time, pulls money back from your account and into mine. If they do not hear from a representative, or if there is no explanation, mitigation, etc; if there is nothing to dispute my claim, the money stays back in my account.

Kristoffer, this is a public forum. For your own protection you shouldn't be posting your email address here (and it's against forum rules anyway so it'll get zapped by a mod soon).

If you want to dispute a payment with Upwork, you should refer to this help article. Initiating a chargeback without first going through the correct channels with Upwork might result in your client account getting suspended. (NOTE: I'm not an Upwork rep, I'm a fellow client. This is NOT a threat. It is simply advice to help you resolve your issue.)

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristoffer, 

I checked your account and can see that you were able to lodge a ticket for this issue with our Customer Support Team. They are currently investigating it, and has escalated the issue with the proper teams. Should you have other questions, please continue communicating with your Customer Support Agent and she will assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alex and Shay,

We just received this error from freelancer also. The problem is escalated to our engineer's and they are trying to replicated it. Only a small portion of accounts are affected but it should be resolved soon.
If you have an urgent problem send me the details in PM.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran....what is PM? How do I find it?

Hi Shay,

You can click on the name of a community member or a moderator and send them a private message.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I need to give a freelancer a 5 star review for work he did in 2014. I forgot to do it and it looks negative- Jeff Palley was amazing and I can not find my old account since this was Elance then. Please help me. I hate to think his score is low because of my error. He was amazing !

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sierra, 

Unfortunately, you will not be able to leave feedback for this user unless you hire him for a job. If this was a job in 2014, his score for this contract will not be included in his Job Success Score calculation as it has already passed the 24-month window. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi! After i click on the "next" button the "help" window is just closing and nothing happening after.

Can you help me there?

My withdrawal not received.

It was error in my paymenth method information bur i fixed it later.

Perosnal from the bank can not help me and they don know where is my money now.

Can you help me?

Hi Ilnur,

If bank information wasn't entered correctly, the withdrawal will be eventually returned to your Upwork account. Unfortunately, it may take a few days.

As for the issue accessing support, could you please export PDF on this page and send it to me via a private message?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi! Have already fixed this bug? Because I haven't the possibility to contact Upwork customer service support as well. So how should I proceed?

Hi Natalia,

One of our team members will contact you via ticket so that we can assist you if needed.
In the meantime please clear your cache and cookies or try to contact our customer support from another browser, we will investigate this as well and you can provide the details on your ticket.

~ Goran
Upwork

The 'Get Help' bug is still not fixed yet. Please have someone from customer service contact me ASAP regarding an ongoing issue (that I have already raised with customer service, if they can reference my previous ticket). Thank you. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lexical Ventures, 

I checked your account and do not see any previous ticket on your account. Do you have another account, or are you using another email address for the ticket? If so, could you please share more information to me via a private message so that I can check. 

Will you also please share a screen grab of the error/notification that shows up whenyou are trying to contact our Customer Support team. I would like to investigate it further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5f894cd8
Community Member

Thanks Valerie
ad63482a
Community Member

I have posted a job, but need help in responding to applicants. For example, **Edited for Community Guidelines** responded, but I can't find out how to contact het to see whether she is appropriate.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Milt,

Please, go here details on how to review proposals and how to respond to applicants.

Felix
Untitled
65263c63
Community Member

what is the phone number of upwork support?

Hello Tom,

If you have concerns, you may also post them here so we could help you. Thanks!

Untitled

Found this page, but it doesn't go anywhere - not clickable. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067878-Contact-Upwork-Customer-Support

I see a job invitation on my phone app, but not within the desktop software. Makes it hard to attach documents when submitting a proposal. 

Hi Vickie,

An agent of ours will reach out to you directly to help you with this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

~Nina
2e0e824d
Community Member

Hello, I have a question concerning a current running contact with a freelancer.  Originally I set a fixed price of $1,500 for a graphic design contract involving approx. 25 hrs of work.  For some reason the upwork network changed the $1,500 amount to $1,497.  I later realized that the website was in US dollars and I renegotiated the contract amount with a freelancer I was talking to (but had not hired yet) to be $1167 US = the equivalent of $1,500 Canadian.  The freelancer agreed to the new amount and told me they had adjusted the bid amount on their end to $1,167.

After the freelancer agreed to the new amount  I edited the bid amount and saved the changes with the new price of $1,167.  A few hours later I hired the freelancer.

What has happened:  $1,199 has been charged to our card, and it shows $1,497 still outsanding.   Why are we being charged the original amount still?  I changed the bid amount before hiring the freelancer.   And if $1,199 is being held in Esgrow why is there $1,497 still outstanding.   .

Hi Peter,

It is currently showing $1497.00 as the agreed to budget, however this is not outstanding. It's just the amount that was initially entered when setting up the budget for the project. Your escrow shows $1,167.00 being funded, and that is how much was charged to your payment method in order to fund the escrow amount, which you can confirm by clicking on the Reports tab and viewing your Transactions. Once you release the milestone amount of $1,1670, you can close the contract and will not be required to pay the difference of what your budget amount is as that is just a guideline essentially.

~Nina

Hi Upwork Team,

I am also having problems contacting customer support or opening a ticket. All I am offered is a link to "Community" that turns into an error message when I click it.

I am new to the platform and I just had a first work encounter with one of your freelancers. I had clearly asked for 10 summer designs. He took five days to send me the "love" and "taco" and "valentines's day" designs that he had originally shown me as samples. I found this very disappointing and I asked him why he had not followed my instructions. He said that, yes, he had sent me the sample designs, but in my specifications (PNG file and a certain pixel amount). And he said that he needed clearer instructions. But I don't know how I could have been any clearer in my instructions. This is the wording from my original contract:

"*** Edited for Community Guidelines ***"

I am disappointed that he simply sent me his samples, which probably took him 10 minutes in total. He sent me exactly the same designs that he showed as his samples on June 9. And he even made me wait 5 days for them. Now I am not sure what to do in a case like this.

What do you say?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

MAS

Hello Stefanie,

I'm sorry to hear that. You can end your freelancer's contract if you feel like the work is not progressing. Please communicate with your freelancer first before doing such action to avoid misunderstandings. Feel free to read this article to learn how to end a contract. Thank you!

Untitled
raanan_rodney
Community Member

I am trying to sign up and it keeps saying my phone number is already in another account. This is impossible as this is the first time I am signing up. Can someone help me Plse?

Hi Rodney, 

I would like to confirm if you remember signing up for an account a few months ago? 

~ Avery
Upwork

No I haven’t.

Hi Rodney,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey, 

I have an issue. I need to verify my identiy, but when I press the link in the notification, the page just re-loads. And I don't get emails from your support at all, as far as I understand they created a ticket, but I can't even access it through direct link ID: 25236242  (got it from your fb page support). Would it be possible for you to contact me directly via my phone number or skype then and sort this out? 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aivaras,

I'm sorry about the issue you're having with accessing your support tickets. We've made an adjustment and now you should be able to access the link and initiate the video call. Please let me know if you need further assistance, our team will follow up with you once you initiate the chat conversation from the link shared in this ticket

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

Need your help in making Payment to buy Connects through Paypal through my Debit Card. Any other alternate modes of payments will be highly appreciated. Thanking you in advance for your support !

regards,

Priyanka.

Hi Priyanka,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
25b35c8d
Community Member

I went to the Get Help section and it just keeps routing me back to the community section of the site and there is no way for me to submit a ticket.

Somehow I was signed up for Upwork Plus without me even knowing and I'm now getting charged $49.99 per month. Not sure how I mysteriously for signed up for Upwork Plus, but it is not something I would have ever chosen.

How do I actually open a ticket or reach out to someone to get this resolved vs going in an endless loop back to the community section of the site?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths