🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to contact Upwork customer service suppor...
Page options
e9c7fdb3
Community Member

How to contact Upwork customer service support?

thanks guys

179 REPLIES 179

completely agree! I have never seen a customer service where there isn't a way to connect with someone who can address the problem'

Hi!! I have a question. My client disputed my payment and ended my contract. I was wondering if how could i get my salary? since they message me that they refunded my client.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ma. Athena,

Your client can dispute hours you logged during the work week. Then if you accept the dispute, the disputed hours are refunded to the client. If you reject the dispute, Upwork team will review your Work Diary. Since in this case you accepted the dispute, the payment has already been refunded to the client. You can communicate with them directly about any outstanding payments. Check out this help article for more information.

Additionally, please note that Upwork users are only allowed to log in and use their own accounts. Account sharing is not permitted.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Upwork does make it very difficult for customers to bring their concern to them. I had a Add developed and paid 10k now not even 2 month in app on Google store we are at a 50% crash rate and it is getting worse. the freelance i used **Edited for Community Guidelines**will not solve this problem.

She has an attitude and does not understand who paid 10K and who is the customer. This i believe does stem from upwork making it hard to contact them and complain.

Hi Manfred,

I`m sorry to hear about this. One of our team members will each out to you directly via ticket, where you can share more details with us about this and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Unfortunately I can not locate the contact number for customer support and I have already placed a ticket in. I am trying to fix my identication verification and new too Upwork, please help?

Alexis

Hi Alexis,

Welcome to Upwork! To contact Customer Support regarding verifying your location, please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page > select the the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support. Let us know if you need further guidance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I need to urgently contact customer support, however, I am going round in circles throughout the website trying to find the green button "Get Help from Upwork", without success. Can you help please?

Thank you

Lidia

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lidia,

One of our agents will contact you shortly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

When I do that the green link just disappears...I am trying to validate my US address with a photo of my driver's license.  I have tried to upload photos but none of them I work.  I think this is because Florida just redesigned the license and a lot of scanners are not reading it properly.  Any other ideas?????

Hi Laurie,

Our support team can assist you with uploading your Florida ID. I checked your account and was unable to recereate the issue with the link to contact Customer Support missing when it is clicked on. Please clear your cache and cookies or try to access Upwork through an alternate browser and try again to use the green link. Please let us know if you are still unable to get in touch with customer support after following Avery's advise in this thread, at which point we'll be happy to assist further. Thanks!

~Nina

When I click on that link, I see no green button anywhere on the page of the sort you describe. What am I doing wrong.

Hi Judith,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further. Feel free to reach out to us here at any time. We'll be happy to assist you directly and answer any questions that you may have.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,

I need direct support concerning my VAT number, but unfortunately I can't find a direct way to communicate with a person from customer support. Could you please send me a e mail adress or a number I can communicate through?

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas, 

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team.

Please feel free to share more information with us here in the community also and we'll gladly help you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

i can't show green button Get Help from Upwork

I can't verify my paymet to complete my contract

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Max, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you through an email to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

this link is no longer active.

is there another way to get help from upwork?

i'm stuck on step 4 of job post = expertise.

will not let me advance past here.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,

Kindly choose from the options presented to you on that job creation step (tab). Choose the skills and expertise you're expecting from the Freelancers. Once you do, you will be able to proceed further with your project creating.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
95689c31
Community Member

Yes I’ve don't that.

The next box at the bottom is greyed out. I can only go back. Please look at the picture.

I’ve cleared all cache, reset DNS and gone incognito.

My account is stuck on this page: https://www.upwork.com/ab/job-post/1107733001225678848/1107733804042203136/expertise/ontology
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas, 

I was able to replicate it, although I'm not sure if we both missed a step. I'll go ahead and check this with the team so that they can look into it further. I'll get back to you once I have more information. 

ETA: Hi Thomas, could you please try going to your account Settings page, and updating your company information by adding your address. The team has confirmedi that this usually happens when the company information is not yet updated. Let me know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I have tried adding my credit card to my client account but it keeps saying failed to authorize, please contact....
How can I add my credit card or is there a specific card to add?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Obinna Onourah,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Let us know if the issue persists.

To learn more about available billing methods please check out this Guide.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to increase my freelancer hours this week by 2 hours from 5 to 7 . Please help
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patricia,

You can increase a weekly limit on the number of hours a freelancer can bill by following instruction shared in this help article.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I tried to start Upwork in the middle of the night last night.  I am trying to hire someone however I inadvertantly pushed a button that thinks I am looking to be hired.  I do not know how to tell the program that I want to hire someone, NOT be hired

Fran Schreck

Hi Fran,

I've shared your concern with our team, and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

That link button on the support page  does not work and is clicking empty

Hi Nayla,

Could you please go to our Help Center and log in to your account. Once you`re logged in, click on your name at the top right corner and select My Requests. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need to create a support ticket but I can't find any way to do so. How can I contact a human support agent directly?

Hi Daniel,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. If there's anything else I can assist you with, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,
I too need to contact customer support. I have hit the button and got a BOT. Furthermore a stupid bot. I have been told by this bot several times that someone will be "in touch." It doesn't say HOW or WHEN they will be in touch and no one has ever contacted me!!
There should NEVER EVER be a reason or a situation in which we can not get immediate help. I am new to Upwork. I have done a ton of reading about. There is still stuff that isn't clear. I am LOSING jobs because I do not know how to proceed. I'm sorry but a business like this should not be hiding behind a bot. Situations come up often that need answers quick. I will bet you that they take their cut of jobs right away. But if I cannot get help...they will never get a cut of $ from me and my work

Hi Christine,

I can see that one of our agents actually reached out via this support ticket when you attempt to get in touch with our support team. Also, you can share more details here about the situation you're experiencing and we'll be happy to assist.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

re: "There should NEVER EVER be a reason or a situation in which we can not get immediate help. I am new to Upwork. I have done a ton of reading about. There is still stuff that isn't clear. I am LOSING jobs because I do not know how to proceed. I'm sorry but a business like this should not be hiding behind a bot. Situations come up often that need answers quick. I will bet you that they take their cut of jobs right away. But if I cannot get help...they will never get a cut of $ from me and my work"

Christine:

It looks like today is the first time that you ever posted in the Community Forum.

For future reference, the Community Forum is an excellent place to get your questions answered. People are actively helping other users here every day of the week, around the clock.

What is it that you have a question about?

I agree with the others. There is no way to contact anyone that helps with my profile issue. I am tryign to get signed up and my address isn't in the dropdown. It will not accept and there isn't a way to fix it. Any suggestions?

Hello Dawn,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced trouble completing your profile. I can see that you were able to submit it successfully. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have done a money withdrawal from Upwork but I am getting errors in my Payoneer account information and want to change my Payoneer account can I get my withdrawal money back to my Upwork account?

for a tech savvy company upwork is NOT even close to user friendly!!! You cannot email, cannot call and get a human on the phone!!!  In my opinion, they grab money too fast.  I chose a freelancer, and she has disappeared,  I think Upwork should have at least waited until freelancer consummated the deal!  I need a refund, so I can move forward.    All this really sucks, I am very unhappy dealing with upwork.  

David, I'm very sorry to hear you've been having trouble contacting support and about your recent experience with the freelancer.

I checked the contract you mentioned and saw that you recently sent an offer to the freelancer, but it hasn't been accepted. You can go to the offer in question from your Dashboard Home Page and click on "See offer." From there, you should be able to withdraw the offer, and this will initiate a refund, which should reflect in your payment method within five business days.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths