🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to delete a job so the page doesn't e...
Page options
969a4b74
Community Member

How to delete a job so the page doesn't exist?

I posted a job as a direct invite, didn't hear anything from the person I invited so opened it to others. Then decided to just not bother and stick with my clients's usual graphic design company, partly because I didn't want to advertise to everyone about the client, or upset our usual company.

I can, and have, closed the job listing but the url is still valid and the job still there. It just says I'm no longer taking offers for that gig.

That's it? I can't actually delete the thing?

So my client, who has a Google Alert for their company name, will get to see that posting? And likely so will their graphic designer?

There must be some way of actually deleting such content, surely? If there isn't then this will be the last time I ever use this platform, as that's really not acceptable.

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Alan,

It sounds like you were able to change the job post visibility to private. In order to close the job post, please follow the instructions in the lower section of this help article. Please note that it takes about a day (and sometimes up to a week) for search engines to re-index so that your job post no longer appears in their results.

~Andrea
Upwork
969a4b74
Community Member

The problem, from my point of view, is that having 'closed' the job I can no longer edit anything or delete it. The page still exists; if I put the URL in my browser there it is, with the only difference being the words "This post is closed and is no longer accepting proposals." at the top.

Is that page going to live there forever? Are such pages actually set to block Google etc via robots.txt? At the very least I'd like to go back in and edit out the company name, but seems I cannot do anything except 'reuse' the listing?

This is pretty awful as a UX.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for following up. We won't be able to completely remove the link, however, one of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible to help with editing the information you are referring to. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
969a4b74
Community Member

Well that page just says "solved", and it isn't, is it?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths