🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to file a complaint against a freelancer?
Page options
548ba1dd
Community Member

How to file a complaint against a freelancer?

I placed an order at USD10 for 500 words article to a freelancer (His name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**). But he didn't finish the writing on time, and now as USD25 more from me. Of cause I refused. But our contract is ended. Now, USD10 has reached to his account, and I didn't get my article or mony! How can I solve this problem??? This is my first order on upwork, This is really out of my expectation!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lucia,

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with the freelancer. I checked the contract and it seems that your freelancer already sent a refund for the released milestone. Please allow up to five business days for the funds to reflect on your account.

If needed, you can always use this flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Regarding Fixed-Price contracts and milestones, please note that the best practice is to release funds only when the work submitted is complete and satisfactory. When you release funds from escrow (including by not responding for 14 days), you are agreeing to pay the freelancer or agency for their work. If you release funds from escrow before work is submitted, or before you are satisfied with it, you cannot dispute the payment through Upwork and may not be able to recover the funds later. If you aren’t satisfied with the work, request changes instead of approving the milestone.

As you are new to Upwork, to start as a client, you can check out this help article. You can also learn more about the trends and best practices and get tips on making your project a success by visiting our Hiring Headquarters. Please note that there are two types of contracts, Fixed-Price, and Hourly contract and you can check their differences in this help article. You can also read about the valuable perk of payment protection we offer clients for Fixed-Priced and Hourly contracts.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths