🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to file a freelancer complaint?
Page options
3f47c0be
Community Member

How to file a freelancer complaint?

Hello
I had a dispute with a freelancer and he began to insult me and my mother. He also called me niger- this is racism. He also constantly lies and blackmail.
How do I file a complaint to UpWork about this freelancer?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vitalii, 

To comply with our privacy policy, please know that our teams will not be able to come back to you with information on what actions were taken on the freelancer's account. I can confirm however that this has been reported to the team, and they have taken the actions against the account that they deem necessary. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ejsbellen
Community Member

Please report it to Upwork's customer service because this is not good and I think it is against the TOS to blackmail anyone. If the message is in the platform, I think you can "flag the message" in the messenger. If the conversation is outside Upwork, you can take a screenshot and send it to customer service. Sorry to hear that there are racists freelancers here.
mensahkontoh
Community Member

Its very unfortunate this happened on a proffessional platform like upwork. You can report to upwork support for them to resolve the issue.

I would like to advice my fellow freelancers to be professional and respect clients because they make this platform grow. 

JoanneP

Hi Vitalii,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer. I checked your account and see that you are already corresponding with one of our team members regarding this issue. As confirmed by the agent on the ticket, the freelancer has already been reported to the appropriate team. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3f47c0be
Community Member

Hi
The agent told me that he reported to the appropriate team. But a week has passed and I have not received any messages, questions, results from this team. How can I find out the result?

Upwork might not provide you with additional information. You have no further obligation to work on this matter. You have already provided a service to the platform by reporting inappropriate freelancer behavior.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vitalii, 

To comply with our privacy policy, please know that our teams will not be able to come back to you with information on what actions were taken on the freelancer's account. I can confirm however that this has been reported to the team, and they have taken the actions against the account that they deem necessary. 

~ Avery
Upwork
3f47c0be
Community Member

ok, thank you

Latest Articles
Learning Paths